Thread: Need to offload my Dakar...

Need to offload my Dakar...

Figured I would give the locals a chance to snag it before it goes on ADVrider.

2005 BMW F650GS - Dakar, Has around $12k into the bike, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 miles. I'm going to ask for $7500 on ADVrider, I'm open to offers in that neighborhood, ya know, with the economy going to shit and nobody having money...

Hard bags are made by a small company in Idaho, seat is a Corbin, but I have the original seat pan if you want to have something built for you. The corbin is good for shorter riders, or riding two up. The original seat is perfect for my height, 6'4", but a bit too tall for lots of guys.

Bike had some warranty work done at the BMW shop a thousand miles or so ago. The wiring to the light force lights is screwy, they were installed by motorcycle R & R. I'll get the bike over there after xmas for a quick tune up, make sure everything is tight and all the farkels work correctly.

The bike has electric grips, electric vest. I ride the bike year round other then when the roads are really bad.

When I'm cruising with no luggage on the bike, I often get 65mpg, the bike feels comfortable up to about 90mph. Fully loaded, two up, it gets about 40mpg and tops out at about 75mph. Still plenty of power for touring back roads solo or with a partner for weeks at a time.

For more specifics, drop me a PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Why you getting rid of this bike Joe, my buddy is in the market for one similar and I will pass this on to him.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'm moving out of the country in April, it would cost me $1500 to ship + $4000 in taxes to take the bike with me. I'd rather sell it back here and pick up a pair of 125's or 250's down in Costa Rica.

Drop me a PM if your friend is interested.

Good lookin' ride Joe and a good deal on a great bike. I might have room for a dakar in the garage someday.

Someday I hope to have room for a half dozen or so bikes. For now the ole boxer twin will have to do...

Thanks acca! I really like the Dakar, it has enough power to really be a fun bike, but still small enough to take it on some great trails.

This wont be my last BMW motorbike... maybe I can find something used down south. :)

I just listed this on ADVrider at $7k...