Thread: Snow in Ivins (St.George)

Snow in Ivins (St.George)

Having lived here for over 18 years, I must say that last nights storm put more of the white stuff on the ground than I've seen (or at least equal) since I've lived here. Dang! I wish I had the day off! It would be a GREAT Day to hike Angels Landing!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Another Ivins guy huh?

I'm lucky though...as a teacher I have the day off since they canceled school :)

A couple pics I snapped this morning

It looks all fluffy But, hopefully I'll already be in Florida before we get anything substantial up here

It's an ugly ugly day in the greater Seattle area today.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    It looks all fluffy But, hopefully I'll already be in Florida before we get anything substantial up here
    Have fun! Are you retiring?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Have fun! Are you retiring?
    Should be all set by summer

That is a bunch of snow for St George Bo!

Canceling school Kent? Light weights. Lucky for you!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

I'm slow to respond...but yeah, what a joke eh?

Especially since there was much more snow in those pictures than there was in the city where my school actually is. The roads were virtually clear. We still held basketball practice etc...

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

I'm slow to respond...but yeah, what a joke eh?

Especially since there was much more snow in those pictures than there was in the city where my school actually is. The roads were virtually clear. We still held basketball practice etc...
    I heard they canceled school because there are no snow plows in St. George??? Maybe not enough. Could make sense since it could be a safety issue?

I've been in St. George once when it snowed and that was the day all those floods started there.

In college I was hanging out at my girlfriends house and her roommate's friend from St. George was there. It was snowing that night and she would not drive home because she had never driven in snow. Lived her entire life in St. George and never driven in snow.

I lived in the South once. And when they get forecast of snow down there people make a run on the grocery store and stock up on food. Everything shuts down for just a couple inches of snow. While you and I would be OK driving in the weather it's still dangerous. Dangerous because you are the only one that knows how to drive in the snow/ice. Everyone else is spinning, sliding into cars, stop sings/lights, front porch, stuff, etc.

they cancelled school on account of snow?! Oh...that's right. It's not wyoming the kids still wear shorts year round here despite the 16 degree temps this week. I just walked outside my house with my helmet cam and shot this video...we are nowhere near bad weather yet!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIWzPxMHAQ

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    they cancelled school on account of snow?! Oh...that's right. It's not wyoming the kids still wear shorts year round here despite the 16 degree temps this week. I just walked outside my house with my helmet cam and shot this video...we are nowhere near bad weather yet!
    You've got hardly any snow up there!

I have well over 1.5' on the lawn, temps around 15F, ice forming..

I was outside most of today fixing my ATV canopy, moving the remaining snow from yesterday and de-icing. I'm still trying to thaw out! BRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    I heard they canceled school because there are no snow plows in St. George??? Maybe not enough. Could make sense since it could be a safety issue?
    I heard from more than a few people that that was the case, and that the roads aren't "winterized"

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    You've got hardly any snow up there!

I have well over 1.5' on the lawn, temps around 15F, ice forming..

I was outside most of today fixing my ATV canopy, moving the remaining snow from yesterday and de-icing. I'm still trying to thaw out! BRRR!
    I am SOOO grateful that that is the case. It missed us for once and we only got the screaming cold wind.....lots of drifting snow but then that's why we all have high clearance 4WD's up here I chose to live here...I had to accept the damn cold winters too. It helps me appreciate the warm times AND the BEACH more

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I heard from more than a few people that that was the case, and that the roads aren't "winterized"
    salt? sand? That's all we do up north to "winterize" the roads

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    salt? sand? That's all we do up north to "winterize" the roads
    Yeah...I have no idea...

it more like people don't have all weather and snow tires. they have the street tires for rain and thats about it.

school was mainly cancelled because they don't plow neighborhood streets here. school buses would have a hard time.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>