Thread: First ice climb

First ice climb

I live in Provo and have decided that it is high time that I try ice climbing. I have plans to go this winter and I know that there are a few top rope options for my first time. Mostly I've heard about the first pitch of stairway to heaven and the dirt cicle in Spanish Fork Canyon. What suggestions do you all have?
    I've never been lost...just really confused for a couple of days.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Stairway to heaven is where I first learned how to climb. Good place to go. Do you have someone to go with? Tag along with us sometime if you want to.

Yep those two places be my first two places as well. Their pretty fun places to go. You can get some climbs that are only about ten feet if you want or heck you can do the whole 5 pitches or however many it is when the ice comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Stairway to heaven is where I first learned how to climb. Good place to go. Do you have someone to go with? Tag along with us sometime if you want to.
    When and Where? Josh wants to do this more this year. I'm nervous about it but would like to come check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    When and Where? Josh wants to do this more this year. I'm nervous about it but would like to come check it out...
    I go as often as I can (which wasn't hardly at all last year ). When are good times for you guys?