Thread: How to SHIT in the woods.

How to SHIT in the woods.

Okay so its time for my SHIT rant.

Here it is.

I am tired of your SHIT. In fact I'm genuinely sick of seeing your shit.
    I don't care if you don't give a shit, I'm tired of you pissing all over the place as well.

I have noticed that the Charmin lilies are sprouting like weeds at all of my favorite overlooks and trail break locations.

I beg you all to read the book "How to shit in the woods".
    http://www.atvutah.com/catalog/produ...products_id=98

And then ignore the part about digging cat holes and carrying a trowel.

I urge you to start carrying these and truly pack it in and pack it out.
    They are cheap and easy to use and can be disposed of in the trailhead trash bin.

They are called WAG Bags and are available at all kinds of outdoor stores.
    http://www.thepett.com/index.php?Pag...2=33&pageID=95

They include TP and a small packet of hand sanitizer in each reseal able bag. they can be used with the PETT toilet if you are camping.
    They are filled with a powder that kills odor and gels liquids.
    The bags are designed to be easy to handle and tote with your waste inside without leaking or bursting.

REI has them for $2.95 each

Whatever you do, PLEEEEAAAASSSSE stop shitting all over my favorite places.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am new to this site so I hope this goes through As I was reading through this site I seen How to shit in the woods so I had to reply. A while back I came across a site about Exit Strategies: manageing human wste in the wild. There will be a globel conference in Golden Colorado at the end of July. There is some interesting stuf on the site that folks might find interesting. The poop problem apparently is a globel problem not just one here in the US.

Any way when I was on the site I found another poop bag called the Biffy Bag. It looked interesting so I ordered some from there web site www.biffybag.com They are amazing ! They are easy to use, comfortable to use and very sanitary. They are different in that you tie it around your waste, pull it up between your legs and then let it go. I know it sounds wierd but they work great. I have used the wag bag for years but they do not even compare to this biffy bag. I mention them here because they are so easy to use that hopefully people will will use them. Has anyone seen thes in stores? I have only been able to find them on line.

Well I keep finding Wag Bags on the trail, people don't get it.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

RedMan, I find Wag Bags when I am out also. I think the reason people leave them is that they start to smell after awhile. That's why I switched to the Biffy Bag. No Odor No Mess. Have you tried them yet? You won't go back to wag bags if you do.

RedMan, is there a "How to Shit in a Desert" book out there?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    They are different in that you tie it around your waste,...
    Ick! So, I poop on the ground, tie the bag around the turd, and... This does not seem so sanitary!

Personally, I carry and occasionally use the Restop - and they work great: http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/prod...3&cat=0&page=1

Tom