Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC Crawling

RC Crawling

I know this doesn't belong in the real 4x4 section but since there isn't a toy truck section .

Today took us (me and Ride-On) to a 1/10th scale Remote control rock crawling competition at Little Moab (West side of Utah Lake) My crawler is a fairly stock Axial http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10/main.html but there were some outstanding rigs competeing so I didn't have a chance at a trophy but did have a lot of fun and came away with some great ideas to improve my rig.
    Everything was going fine, there were five different gates/runs set up, scored just like real rock crawling. Ride-On was driving my rig, he made two then the snow started and everything got slick, icy and muddy. Thats where the competition kinda fell apart since even the best rigs couldn't make a run so it fell apart and everyone left but overall it was a great time. I definately look forward to the next competition which will be In Rock Springs Wyoming in January, Indoors I hope
    Attached Images Attached Images                

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That's awesome. Are the trucks geared different than regular RC trucks? Do the suspensions articulate? Lockers?

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    That's awesome. Are the trucks geared different than regular RC trucks? Do the suspensions articulate? Lockers?
    The one I have is low range, I can walk faster than it's top speed Electric motor, Locked axles, 70 degrees of articulation and Beadlocker rims. One of the nice things is a battery pack can last a couple of hours since the truck is just crawling along.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thats cool stuff! - or rather, cold stuff if its in RockSprings when you say. I havent heard a thing about any events going on at the Fairgrounds but I'll keep my ears open.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Thats cool stuff! - or rather, cold stuff if its in RockSprings when you say. I havent heard a thing about any events going on at the Fairgrounds but I'll keep my ears open.
    It's at Allied Hobby on the 17th http://www.sweetwaterrc.com/crawlschedule.htm
    If it's anything like the 801 comps there will be 50-80 crawlers competing, likely take all day

Those are some awesome rigs!

James

Nice.

I have been watching tons of videos on YouTube of RC crawlers. You need to get some video next time.

have you guys heard of TTTT (Table Top Truck Trials)?

1:87th scale

sweetest warthog evar!!! Hopefully it handles better than the warthog in the game.
    The man thong is wrong.

Its Puma!

Nice rigs, those things look like fun.

That is way cool! looks like fun, i dabbled a bit in the RC cars just need to drive mine more so I can run it better! Very cool!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I've been looking for one of these, who makes them and where can they be purchased. I have a couple of revos but want to go slower.
    Mark
    edit i just saw the website at the top so I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    I've been looking for one of these, who makes them and where can they be purchased. I have a couple of revos but want to go slower.
    Mark
    edit i just saw the website at the top so I'll check it out.
    A place to learn about it all http://rccrawler.com/
    A place to buy it all http://www.tcscrawlers.com/

Is there anywhere in salt lake you can purchase these?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Is there anywhere in salt lake you can purchase these?
    A few places that I have heard of, I use West Valley Hobby or mail order most.

West Valley Hobbies 1765 w. 5400 s. Taylorsville, UT 84118 (801)964-1700 www.wvhobbies.com

Madd Mans 127 East State Lehi, Utah 801-766-9185 www.maddmanshobby.com

South Valley Hobby 801-576-1403 , 11441 s. state #b draper UT 84020 www.svhobby.com

Apex Hobby 648 East State Rd, Suite G American Fork, Utah 84003 (801)-492-9210 apexhobby.com

These are awesome. I saw some for the first time this past weekend in Magna, UT. There is a big indoor race course with a rock crawling set up.

Awesome! I've never seen such a thing.

How much does a decent setup cost?

I wonder if Goblin Valley would be a cool site for something like this.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha

How much does a decent setup cost?

I wonder if Goblin Valley would be a cool site for something like this.
    You can spend under $200 for a very basic entry level ready to run truck (plus battery and charger) http://www.rcplanet.com/Duratrax_Cli...c_p/dtxd18.htm and it goes way up from there. I think a guy could easily spend $1500 to get one competitive.

A great thing is you can have fun crawling rocks in your own yard, at the park, anywhere with a few rocks