37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 56.76%
  • No

16 43.24%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm cutting my hair - LIVE

I'm cutting my hair - LIVE

So I've decided it's time to grow up and get rid of the dreadlocks.

Alex gave me the idea I should stream it. I was already going to video it, but streaming would be cool too. I haven't worked out the particulars yet, like where I'm going to set up the camera. I wanted to just do it in the bathroom because of the mess, plus I'd have the mirror....

But I'll be using Ustream, and I could embed the show here.

I don't want to say the date yet, in case I chicken out, but I'm thinking Tuesday Dec 16th afternoon sometime. I'll keep you updated.

Then he said I should sell the dreads on ebay. LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

just shave it all off and give you dreads to some little kid going through chemo.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I look forward to this.

This ought to be good! So, are you going military? Punk? mohawk?? You should do several styles working your way down to the final product

If you do it Tuesday, do it later in the afternoon -- after 4:00pm. I'd love to catch the show.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, I'm about 80% sure I'm doing it.

I'll do it after 4 so rockgremlin can check it out. But you know... that means I miss Judge Judy.

I think I'm going to have to snip each dread off one by one. Then I'll probably clean up with the clippers. I'm not sure how short I'll have to go, but I'm hoping around a #4 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    This ought to be good! So, are you going military? Punk? mohawk?? You should do several styles working your way down to the final product

I second the mohawk.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Go bald Beech!

A friend of mine had long beautiful hair, hair that made any girl jealous. It was to the middle of his back, he grew it out to cut if off and gave it to locks of love. He had a beard too. When it came time to cut his hair, he shaved it all off beard included. Most people didn't even recognize him, when they saw him the next day.
    Chere'

I'm a fan of self expression using one's personal appearance as the template. So yes, I admit, I'm sad to see Beech's dreads go bye bye. I won't throw a huge stink over this one but if Scoutmaster decides to shave his beard, then it's ON.

Have fun liberating yourself Beech!

I can promise you only one thing. As long as I live and breathe no person will ever see this face without a beard again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

Do it! Sounds pretty cool.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

You haven't had them for very long. Already sick of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    I actually love them, but it's everybody else who can't quite adapt to them. Namely children, and "professionals" in the workplace. I've had them for 6 months now.

I'd go bald, but I'd have that strange "white" bald head until I got some sun. Maybe in the summer I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    I actually love them, but it's everybody else who can't quite adapt to them. Namely children, and "professionals" in the workplace. I've had them for 6 months now.

I'd go bald, but I'd have that strange "white" bald head until I got some sun. Maybe in the summer I'll give it a try.
    Well, if you love them, I say keep them and let the other folks adjust to them. I think they look great. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

I actually love them, but it's everybody else who can't quite adapt to them.

WRONG ANSWER. It's a sad sad day when everybody else dictates what an acceptable appearance is. It doesn't mean that I won't watch you cut em off though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Master
    I can promise you only one thing. As long as I live and breathe no person will ever see this face without a beard again.
    Now that's what I'm talking about.

dude...first, you can always tell people to get stuffed I wore my hair spiked for years and years before I 'conformed' to 'get the job'. I am going back to spiked....second, if you're not ready for that, make sure you keep a lock for you to hang from you rear view mirror or something to remind you that at any time you could be found going back to sportin da dreads. Hang Loose Braddah! .......damn...can't find the shakka hang loose icon....

BTW, SANTA doesn't HAVE a face does he?!

First of all, Justin hasn't told you the real reason he is thinking of cutting them off. I am going to let him tell you himself.

Kids, work environmet, etc.... I work with Justin and usually I am the one who has to deal with HR related crap. Justin is a great employee and I haven't heard anything official that would make me think his job is making him cut them off.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :)