Thread: Yayyy! My nominated "family" was selected!!!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Yayyy! My nominated "family" was selected!!!

The local SLC radio station b98.7 was running a contest of sorts where one could nominate a family they knew needed real help financially - especially for Christmas. A friend told me about someone in her complex that got evicted the day before Thanksgiving (a mother with 4 kids who works 2 jobs and receives no outside help) who has since relocated to a basement apt with 2 bdrms. We got all of the necessary info (as much as we could without revealing what we were trying to do because we wanted it to be a surprise) submitted it and got the call today that the family was selected to receive the "Christmas Wish"! She had already told her kids that they wouldn't be able to have a Christmas this year. My family and I always get together and do a sub for Santa for a family each year, but this way we were able to do an extra family this year!

I am so excited for them!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Yayyy! My nominated "family" was selected!!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    The local SLC radio station b98.7 was running a contest of sorts where one could nominate a family they knew needed real help financially - especially for Christmas. A friend told me about someone in her complex that got evicted the day before Thanksgiving (a mother with 4 kids who works 2 jobs and receives no outside help) who has since relocated to a basement apt with 2 bdrms. We got all of the necessary info (as much as we could without revealing what we were trying to do because we wanted it to be a surprise) submitted it and got the call today that the family was selected to receive the "Christmas Wish"! She had already told her kids that they wouldn't be able to have a Christmas this year. My family and I always get together and do a sub for Santa for a family each year, but this way we were able to do an extra family this year!

I am so excited for them!
    That is what it is all about.
    Life is Good

So awesome! It really is about giving isn't it? Too bad more people don't see it this way. Thumbs up chica!

I love this time of year. Especially this year, and I imagine next year will be even more dire - but helping other out does more for me than ANYTHING I could ever receive.

Way to go Savanna.

Bogley BigShot
    Awesome Lady!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Awesome Lady!
    +1
    Chere'

Nice work.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

Very cool of you to do that. I get choked up thinking that there are little kids out there that won't get Christmas.
    The man thong is wrong.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Very cool of you to do that. I get choked up thinking that there are little kids out there that won't get Christmas.
    The story that's told while the radio station is advertising for submissions of needy families is enough to make you cry. A mother of two left an abusive relationship and was living with her 2 little girls out of her car with Christmas coming soon. One of the little girls asked her mother how was Santa going to be able to find them this year because they were never in the same place at night. I'm boo-hooing driving down the road listening to this story and then the thought of this family I knew came to me. I've never "won" any type of contest in my life and I just think it's pretty cool that when I did win something, it was for a family that really needs it!

Still waiting to hear when the delivery date is going to be for all the goodies. Scout Master was kind enough to offer his Santa services if his schedule can coordinate with everything! Thanks again Matty! I will keep you posted.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I do hope I can help, but even if I can't, just knowing one family is going to have a happy Christmas warms my heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail