Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer Bunnies (Game)

No problemo buddy. Speaking of cool party games.. have you ever played "apples to apples"? That's my favorite. I've never laughed so hard in my life playing that with friends.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love Apples to Apples. One of my favorite parts of that game is playing to the judge. Like when someone has the perfect answer for the card but you have a card that means more to the judge and win anyway. I just love it.

Same here! I'll even pick the silliest answer or the one that is opposite the true meaning just to keep the laughs coming. For example:

Green card = sexy
    Red cards = Britney spears, Marilyn Monroe, hot lava, judge judy, red corvette, and Pamela Anderson

Hmmm, between hot lava and judge Judy... tough choice!!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I have been surprised how many times I have won when I was just trying to discard one of my cards in my hand which I thought was a dumb card.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Last week I went down to the bookstore on campus to get some things and saw the Red deck and Orange deck of Killer Bunnies for sale. Bought them both for $18.00. Figured I was going to be buying the starter pack eventually. Yesterday I went down to the bookstore and they had the starter back for $20.00.

Now I just need to have my neighbors over to play.
    Chere'

I hope you love it.

We bought it a few weeks ago and played it several times (just the wife and I). She was going to make me return it because I won every single game (including a game where I had only 1 carrot).

We invited some friends over tonight and played again and the game has been approved to be added to our permanent collection.

Thanks for the recommendation, it's definitely most fun with a group so you can spread the weapon love around.

My in-laws are super competitive and horrible sports. We had reached the point that I was the only person using weapons when we played together (because nobody wanted to offend anyone by using a weapon) so everyone was getting mad at me. We made a house rule with that group that you cannot discard any aggressive cards. So when we made it that you have to play your weapons (and feed the bunnies) people seemed to take it less personally.

So far we've avoided getting anyone offended. Though I did give my wife some grief last night for only attacking me. She just didn't want to go after our guests on their first times playing it.

Here is my strategy with that. If I dislike an attack I receive, I change my whole focus in the game from winning to ruining that person. All my weapons and dealings will be devoted to making sure I do everything I can to ensure that person does not win. It is a bit over the top, but after a couple of games with me people think twice before attacking me too much :)

Sounds like we have a lot in common.

I've looked everywhere for the Red Booster pack and can't find it...anyone know where it can be found in stock? Or....anyone have it and not play it anymore?

Have you tried BoardGame Revolution? They have the best prices in town for board games.

http://www.boardgamerevolution.com/cat--Home--1
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I will second board game revolution. As a game store they truly rival any national internet store. For the cheapest prices order from their online site. But if you can visit their Orem store you will not be disappointed. They have a huge selection instory and online and lots and lots of games you can test drive right there in the store.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Yeah, I tried them already since they were linked earlier in this thread. They are out of stock online, so I emailed them and they are out of stock in the store as well...

"It is out of print right now. It will most likely be put back into print
    in the near future. As soon as it is, we'll put it back in stock on the
    website. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I was quite impressed with the response time...only a few hours for an email reply from them.
    I guess I'll keep checking with them periodically if I can't find it anywhere else for a reasonable price.

Anybody else like the card game "BANG"? Lots of fun, but one of those that has been known to add some friction to a marriage...

Tracked down a red booster deck on craigslist for $5. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Tracked down a red booster deck on craigslist for $5. Woohoo!
    Nice. You need to keep going until at least Orange. Orange is great because it adds the pawns.

Yeah, adding little by little....doesn't the deck get HUGE though?

The deck does get really big. What I did was put all of the bunny cards (from all of the expansion packs) into the main blue box, and then I have all of the weapon cards, cabbage, water, carrots, pawns, etc. into the Onyx box (I have kinder bunnies as well, but I leave it in is own box, and seldom use it). That way I only need two boxes and I have everything.

Lately I only play blue & yellow, or Blue to Orange, because I havent' had enough skilled players for the whole thing.