Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer Bunnies (Game)

Killer Bunnies (Game)

Killer Bunnies is my favorite board game. It is a very complex game which offers clever humor through out it's rules and cards. Last year for Christmas my wife and I made a Killer Bunnies theme graham cracker house (instead of ginger bread house) and I just discovered that we were placed on their website.

http://www.killerbunnies.com/team/fa...ry_f08_13.html

This is pretty much my equivalent to Scott's National Geographic post :)

http://www.killerbunnies.com/quest/index.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    You have to tell me more about this game.

I read a bit on the website. Sounds like fun. My neighbor and her sister and their whole family get together every couple of weeks hang out, bbq and play games. We are looking for a new one.

How long does it take to play one game on average? Or is it an ongoing thing and you pick up where you left off?

I don't know what else to ask, it justs sounds like fun!

P.S. CUTE PIC! Love the grahamcraker houses.
    Chere'

Hey DiscGo, I found this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3699. Is this the game you're referring to? It sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    How long does it take to play one game on average? Or is it an ongoing thing and you pick up where you left off?
    The amount of time the game takes of course varies by how well people know how to play. I would say the game usually takes about 40 minutes or so. But I have had some games that lasted 15 minutes and other games that have lasted an hour and a half. There are so many rules that learning it takes a couple of games but it is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    Hey DiscGo, I found this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3699. Is this the game you're referring to? It sounds like fun.
    Yep! That is the game. There are also 9 booster packs you can buy and add in. The game is just fun.

The whole object of the game is to go along collecting carrots and trying to get as many bunnies as you can, while kill other people's bunnies. When the game end there is a small deck of cards (which you shuffle before the game and put aside) and whichever carrot matched the bottom card of the mini-deck of carrots wins. So I can have 7 carrots, Jim could have 4, & blueeyessmiling could have 1 and if the bottom carrot matches blueeyessmiling's carrot she wins.

If ever you guys want to play, I'd love to teach you. Or there is a place called BoardGames Revolution (in Orem) that sells games way cheap and even rents them if you want to try it first.

http://www.boardgamerevolution.com

I am going to get this. I will let you know how it goes when we play.

One more question... is there a limit to the number of players you can have at one time?

I know it says for the first time you play that you should have more then 4 and no more then 7. When we get together there are usually 7 adults but we have several of the older kids that want to play the games with us too. So we end up with about 15 people and usually do teams.
    Chere'

I find the killing of bunnies highly offensive

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I find the killing of bunnies highly offensive
    No bleeding hearts here! Besides that I thought you were republican?
    Chere'

My wife and I are pretty into this game, so we have all the expansion packs. There are more then enough cards to play with tons of people and we have played up to 13 people (or so) but it begins to take a while because no way will all those people know how to play and it takes a couple of games to really understand the game.

You should read the rules all the way before playing, and count on it taking about 3 - 5 times playing the game to really make sense. The game is totally worth learning how to play it, and again I offer that if anyone wants to play with us, I'd be more than happy to have people over to learn how.

There is also a simpler version called "Kinder Bunnies" that you can get for little kids to play, so the adults have their game and the kids have theirs. I have played with my little nephews (7-11) and they didn't necessarily understand it, but they REALLY loved it. It is our Christmas gift to them this year (and a wedding gift for an old friend).

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    No bleeding hearts here! Besides that I thought you were republican?

So basically....no matter how the game goes all game long, the winner is still a crapshoot?

Those games drive me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    So basically....no matter how the game goes all game long, the winner is still a crapshoot?

Me too. But it seems to me that there is strategy involved, because the way it was explained, the more carrots you end up with, the more likely that yours will match the winning carrot. At least if I understood that correctly.

Me too. But it seems to me that there is strategy involved, because the way it was explained, the more carrots you end up with, the more likely that yours will match the winning carrot. At least if I understood that correctly.
    Ah, good call. Might not drive me as crazy. Didn't read that too carefully the first time.

That is correct. The more carrots, the more likely the victory.

I am really good at the game. I usually walk away with more bunnies and carrots than everyone else. Even the times that I lose, I usually feel like I win. It brings a lot of fun to the game to have the random drawing at the end, but to each their own.

How many can play with just the Blue starter pack? What do the booster packs give you? The ability to play with more players? New Weapons? Other cool stuff?

I'm looking for some games to give as gifts so this might be a good choice.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I believe the recommended amount of people is 2-8 with or without booster decks. As far as time goes a game of 12 people who know how to play will go faster than a game with 3 people who don't.

The booster decks additional cards, & carrots (which just get more and more enjoyable).

The booster decks go in order. I would suggest probably not going past orange unless you become really into the game. Each booster deck adds additional features and twists to the game. So you can start with just the main game and later on when you are ready for a change add a booster and it totally changes the game.

Cool, I just found three Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing DG.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

My pleasure. I of course love the game and I hope you and yours like it!

It is a game that you must count on playing a couple of games until you really start getting it.

Just wanted to mention (while christmas shopping) I saw the game at barnes and nobles, it's the blue starter and yellow booster combined for $25. I picked up the game but havent played it yet. I trust disco though, he's always got good advice.

Edit: It looks very similar to "Magic the gathering" if you've ever played that. Just no where near as complicated. But you have 3 resource type cards, food, water, cabbage. And instead of having your own 60 card deck, everyone grabs from a central resource to make it a bit easier config.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Thanks for trusting my opinion. I really hope you end up enjoying the game. Just remember to plan on playing probably at least 3 times before you really start to get it at all.