Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BOGLEY WINTERFEST JAN 30-31 '09

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BUMP!

The end of the year is almost here and wanted to re-throw this in everyone's face......

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Pending nothing coming up short notice, I'm still in. We still need to finalize a place & time.

I have the day off so far..the whole weekend really! So far I'm still in. I need to borrow a pair of snowshoes fo far but I am interested in buying a pair - any suggestions as to where to get some?

Treehugger had some great snowshoeing recommends. So I say we look into those trails and firm something up? The date we were looking at is the last weekend of the month, January 30th. Kapitan was going to look into some pubs for us to have some grub and beers after a hard day of Winter playing. Times and exact places are still the kinda-sorta unknown...but all great things start with an idea and I say we are on the right track. Also, suggestions of what mountain to board/ski on? Do we want to do that too?

Regarding snowshoes- You can rent them at most outdoor shops, at least you can here in Colorado for about $10 a day. What they do in Utah is ANOTHER story. HAHA!
    OR buy a pair- it's a good investment- REI, Sports Authority, etc.... Or Tree mentioned some for borrowing.

Oh, I can't wait. I wasn't going to take any time off until the end of Feb, but I don't think I can pass this up.

Can't wait to see the final plans!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I noticed last weekend coming home from Snowbasin, there was a group of people pulled off at Greens Pond and they were snowshoeing there. Same trail we bike in the summer. So there is skiing and snowshoeing in the same area. As for a bar in Ogden The Wine Cellar is kind of a cool place.. laid back atmosphere, and the couple times I have been in there they have been playing good jazz music.

As for snow shoes... WSU rec center rents them. That is where I plan on getting mine for this shin dig.

And of course if we want sushi after words..... my favorite is on 25th street Tona's.

My only problem right now is I have to work on the 30th in SLC from 5 until I get off about 9:30pm. I am working on it.

Do we want to snowshoe on Fri or Sat? What night do we want to plan dinner for?
    Chere'

My plans were to come down Friday, leaving early, early am. So I am down to do whatever on Friday as long as it's not TOO early. If it works out better, I may even come down Thursday evening. I'll just see wait and see how this works itself out. Regarding the dinner plans- you guys pick and I'm there. What works best for everyone? Friday or Saturday? Chere....damn that work. Make it go away!! HAHA!!

Green Pond would be good. Parking is kinda short, but meeting down at Chris' or something would be good..

I just may have to make this an overnighter. Anyone know how much snow there is? Making an igloo would be great!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    My plans were to come down Friday, leaving early, early am. So I am down to do whatever on Friday as long as it's not TOO early. If it works out better, I may even come down Thursday evening. I'll just see wait and see how this works itself out. Regarding the dinner plans- you guys pick and I'm there. What works best for everyone? Friday or Saturday? Chere....damn that work. Make it go away!! HAHA!!
    I get off work fairly early on Fridays and could take a half day, easily - we could kick it up the Salt Lake Overlook trail in the afternoon, around 1:30, if you havent gone out already.

The Bohemian Brewery is a nice place to gather - warm and friendly and really good brats and beer. Fort Union and about 700E.

Sunday is a better day to ski/snowboard (less crowded), but I dont know how that would effect the churchgoers in the group...

Grizzly Gulch to the Lake Catherine/Lake Mary overlook into Brighton is a great snowshoe as well (LCC).
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

There have been so many great suggestions, some I will have to end up going to before the white stuff melts...

How bout a poll to see when and where the majority wants to go?

Like Treehugger, sundays would work better for me.

If you are a churchgoer, read Psalms 19:1. Maybe it will justify skipping out....
    - Edward Abbey

You guys are the locals so you pick! I figured if we have two days of mountain play planned out AND a dinner, then hopefully most can make it to at least one of the three get togethers.

Of course, I'll be at all three get togethers since I'm coming from Colorado. As long as I have good company, beer and snow.....I'm all good.

Coming to Utah for beer?
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Coming to Utah for beer?
    But of course!! I know you Utah folks brew some good beer! If not, I'm sneaking mine over the border.

I will have to head for home Sunday - gotta work Mon - but I 'm up for a great workout, good food & company...even a hottub if anyone knows where a group of us can soak Seriously, I'm looking for snowshoes locally here & /or I'll find some there.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I will have to head for home Sunday - gotta work Mon -

Ditto that! But if majority rules Sunday a big play day, I'll do what I can to participate. I just have to drive 6 hours back over the border in hopefully decent weather.

I am not a big football fan... but isn't super bowl sunday that sunday?
    Chere'

Yeah, the Republican does not sound like a good idea - no food and mixed reviews: http://utah.citysearch.com/review/42440752

We need suggestions as to the place where we will eat and drink to our heart's desire I'm new to this part of the country.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Yeah, the Republican does not sound like a good idea - no food and mixed reviews: http://utah.citysearch.com/review/42440752

We need suggestions as to the place where we will eat and drink to our heart's desire I'm new to this part of the country.
    I liked the Bohemian suggestion. Great food and excellent beer. They have a large fireplace and the environment is quite comfortable.

I'm going to take my Mom there for lunch today.

I stopped in at WSU rec center this morning on may way into work (just got here ... love x-mas break) I can rent snowwhoe package for $6.00. I can get 4 with my WSU ID. They said I do need to reserve them cuz the scouts usually rent out every pair over the weekend.

They also recommended North Fork Park

I found this little site http://www.snowshoeutah.com/toc.html
    Chere'