Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BOGLEY WINTERFEST JAN 30-31 '09

I'll go boarding and maby snowshoing. I am not old enough to go out drinking with you guys, but I will go to dinner.
    "Idontgiveshitjustdothedew"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm game for the snow shoeing. I've been looking for new shoes but have yet to purchase any.

Oh, as for Pubs, I've tried the Irish Pub (MacCool's) and didn't find the food that exceptional (for the cost). I really like Hoppers and Iggy's, however.

I wish I wasn't old enough to drink
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Sounds like food and drink will be easy to work on as we have the fabulous Kapitan out there test driving a few pubs. Now how about trails to snowshoe on? And mountains to board-ski on? Suggestions?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Mntmans idea sounded good, Mueller park. But then I know nada about snowshoeing. Do any of the ski resorts have places you can snowshoe?
    Chere'

Where I live, we just have lots of back country trail systems that go on and on for miles and loop around, etc.... We have one locally that has some nice, challenging vertical gain and then we just bushwhack down. It's about a half day hike. Fun stuff! I don't like doing the trails that are designated for snow mobiles though b/c it's stinky and noisy......so possibly check out Nordic/cross country ski trail systems?

I know there is a cross country trail system at Snowbasin, and I think another one up in the Valley. I will check in with WSU Rec center see what info they can give me. I know they are always organizing snowshoe trips. I keep meaning to go on one, but I never do.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    I know there is a cross country trail system at Snowbasin, and I think another one up in the Valley. I will check in with WSU Rec center see what info they can give me. I know they are always organizing snowshoe trips. I keep meaning to go on one, but I never do.
    Good dealio! I figured I would do some research as well. But since you guys are there and know people that know people........assume you can find out much easier.

OH YES and any suggestions regarding favorite ski mountains? For boarding and skiing on?

Well I am married to Snowbasin this season so that is my first vote, but I do have a few passes to Brighton that is my second vote. However if majority goes with a different resort I can handle that. My goal this year is to broaden my ski resort experience.
    Chere'

If SLC is the general destination, I would suggest (for snowshoeing):

1. Lake Blanche
    2. Red or White Pine
    3. Salt Lake Overlook
    4. Elbow Fork

All depend on people's general fitness levels and the avalanche conditions at the time. All great snowshoes.

For skiing/boarding, I'd suggest Solitude. No crowds, ever, great places to stop for food, etc.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger

1. Lake Blanche
    2. Red or White Pine
    3. Salt Lake Overlook
    4. Elbow Fork

All depend on people's general fitness levels and the avalanche conditions at the time. All great snowshoes.

For skiing/boarding, I'd suggest Solitude. No crowds, ever, great places to stop for food, etc.
    WOW! Great suggestions! Will you be interested in joining in? It's be great to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

1. Lake Blanche
    2. Red or White Pine
    3. Salt Lake Overlook
    4. Elbow Fork

WOW! Great suggestions! Will you be interested in joining in? It'd be great to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    If my new schedule(which I don't know yet) allows then I am IN! I just need to rent some snowshoes.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I just need to rent some snowshoes
    Here I have a pair you can borrow
    See you on the Trail

Yeah, I'm definitely in, barring any emergencies or other extenuating circumstances.

We have 3 pairs of snowshoes, so I can lend out two pairs to anyone who needs them.

abirken - I'd love to meet you too!!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Yeah, I'm definitely in, barring any emergencies or other extenuating circumstances.

We have 3 pairs of snowshoes, so I can lend out two pairs to anyone who needs them.

abirken - I'd love to meet you too!!!
    YAY!!! Can't wait.