Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOGLEY WINTERFEST JAN 30-31 '09

BOGLEY WINTERFEST JAN 30-31 '09

Who is doing what? Fill this out and repost if you want. Some of us have but it's a few pages deep.

Friday
    Ski/Snowboard at Brighton in the day 12-9:
    Ski/snowboard at Brighton twilight 4-9:
    Bohemian Brew (Dinner):

Saturday
    Snowshoe Greens Pond 10:00 am:
    Tona's for sushi (best dam sushi in the state!):

The above is the itinerary.

So Bogley-ites.....let's get together this Winter in the Utah area to do some mountain play. Possibly one day on the mountain and maybe another day doing some snowshoeing/cross country? I figure for those that don't ski/board that a hike may be nice so we can all mingle, throw snowballs and create yellow snow together-It'd be a great bonding experience. What we need are suggested dates/trails and mountains to play on. Throw your input here!!

I am open for anything after the holidays.
    You in?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Alison you know I am in.
    Chere'

Re: BOGLEY WINTERFEST IN THE NEWBORN PHASE. YOU IN?

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    So Bogley-ites.....let's get together this Winter in the Utah area to do some mountain play. Possibly one day on the mountain and maybe another day doing some snowshoeing/cross country? I figure for those that don't ski/board that a hike may be nice so we can all mingle, throw snowballs and create yellow snow together-It'd be a great bonding experience. What we need are suggested dates/trails and mountains to play on. Throw your input here!!

I am open for anything after the holidays.
    You in?
    Sounds waaay fun. If I possibly can, I'm in!?

I'm in for the snowshoeing part. I'll be in NY December 23 - 29 but anytime after that I'm game.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I am game for some snowshoeing

Whewhoo!! Let's do it. Can you guys suggest any trails for back country snowshoeing? I'd love to start looking into some fun hikes. I've never boarded on the mountains in Utah but my husband has. He loves Snowbird and Brighton. Do you guys have any dates that sound good? I can do a three day weekend anytime after the holidays.

I don't know how far down the road we are looking but there are three weekends I can't because the kids will be racing.

Jan 24th race at Park City
    Feb 21st race at Snowbird
    Feb 28th race at Snowbasin

Any other weekend should be fine.

I know nothing about the resorts in SL area. Although I do have some passes to Brighton this year.

Alison you are the one traveling here so what weekend would be best for you?
    Chere'

The only weekend I can't is the weekend of Jan. 11. I forgot I have a friend coming in town. How about the last weekend in January? January 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    The only weekend I can't is the weekend of Jan. 11. I forgot I have a friend coming in town. How about the last weekend in January? January 30th?
    That's fine with me. And we can celebrate my nameday

Jan 30th sounds perfect
    Chere'

I'm interested.

Actually, this is sort of on subject; Josh, Cody another friend Brad and I are planning to snowshoe into the 5th water hot springs at Diamond Fork canyon on December 31st to spend New Years soaking. We are planning to camp near the hot springs for 4 nights (Dec 31, Jan 1, 2 , 3).
    Anyone interested in camping or just a day trip to come hike/snowshoe around the area with us should definitely come up!

I'm in for some shoeing.
    I have been thinking about hosting a geocaching snowshoe event at Mueller Park in Bountiful. Maybe a joint thing?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I'm in for some shoeing.
    I have been thinking about hosting a geocaching snowshoe event at Mueller Park in Bountiful. Maybe a joint thing?
    Now that sounds like a blast!

Hey Can I come too
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Master
    Hey Can I come too
    But of course you can! The more Bogley-ites the better. It'd be great to have you along....Santa.

Depending on whats going on I would be in.
    Its been a hectic past couple of months, and I bought a new place and moved and still painting and cleaning, and only just got my net hooked back up friday afternoon.
    Now that i am back, if at all possible, Id be in for doing something, damned near anything after the holidays. Course finding my CC skis, or about any of my other gear may take till then, and some of it may still be in storage, or maybe here in this mess...someplace.

Resurrecting a great plan! So guys, we've pinned down the date to January 30th. Now what to do? Where to go? Suggestions?

Date: January 30th- Feb 1.

What to do: Snowshoe and Ski/Board

Where: ????

Dinner/drinks on Saturday night? Where? In SLC? Sushi? Beer? Saki?

I'm there!

I'm in for the snow shoeing. And drinks too How about The Republican? It's an Irish pub I've never been to. Not sure if they serve food or not. I can sacrafice and stop by for a pint to confirm

Kapitan, If The Republican doesn't have food. Mac Cool's is an Irish pub with a variety of beer on tap and good food. That could be an alternate.
    Chere'

Blueeyes, I will check out The Republican over this weekend to see how it looks like.