Thread: Home Depot scam

Home Depot scam

A 'Heads Up' for those of us men who may be regular Home Depot customers. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to another Home Depot. You agree and they get in the back seat.

On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen November 3rd, 10th, 17th, & 24th. Also twice on December 1st, and very likely this coming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've heard about this scam a few months back. I've been safe so far. Maybe I'm being too careful?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Thanks for the heads up. On my way to Home Depot. Going to buy myself a second cheapo wallet to use as a decoy. And I am going to sew it into my front pocket so she has to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Thanks for the heads up. On my way to Home Depot. Going to buy myself a second cheapo wallet to use as a decoy. And I am going to sew it into my front pocket so she has to work for it.

Sounds like a good plan. Which HD should I be heading for?

I only carry a card rather than cash.

I hope they don't have a slot.

Somebody needs to check Snopes.

I've been to 8 Home Depots today and this never happened once.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

my wife is heading to home depot today to pick up a few things for me. I didn't tell her about the scam. Hopefully she will run into the ladies.
    The man thong is wrong.