Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abirken and the monkey

I was walking through the Zoo/Gardens in Singapore when a monkey strolled up, reached up and grabbed my hand and walked around with me for about 5 minutes.

It was fun for the first few minutes but then I started wondering if he would get PO'd if I made him let go. About the time I figured I'd had enough he got bored and left.

Monkeys and crazy people are drawn to me.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Redman- Sounds like you and I have a lot in common with the crazies and monkeys. HEHE! I feel the same way. And YES it was like when I felt the dude peeing down my leg, I was too afraid to bat him off my lap b/c I was afraid he'd bite me. So that's why I look so petrified.

Singapore zoo is BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous Zoo. We went there on this trip as well.

Thats too funny. I'm drinking tea from a Raffles hotel cup right now.
    I have a plan to visit the seven ancient capitals of Thailand someday.
    I'm sure I'll have a full on Entrourage of crazies and monkeys by the end of that trip.

I have a rule with monkeys and crazies, no sudden movements, loud noises or expressions of anger. They never react well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

FWIW this is a bar I had made in Thailand on a trip.
    The carvings are full relief.
    The close up is the Monkey General!
    He's a big deal, hence the whole monkey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Thats too funny. I'm drinking tea from a Raffles hotel cup right now.
    I have a plan to visit the seven ancient capitals of Thailand someday.
    I'm sure I'll have a full on Entrourage of crazies and monkeys by the end of that trip.

I have a rule with monkeys and crazies, no sudden movements, loud noises or expressions of anger. They never react well.

Now that is too funny!!! And how much did you pay for the mug should be the question? Is it bone china? Holy moly The Raffles is SO expensive. Hey man, my mission is to always come back with some story at the end of a good trip. So if it means being stalked by a crazie or a monkey to throw poop in my face, then at least I know I have some great stories to share in the nursing home one day. BTW- My tab for two drinks at The Raffles is below.

Can you pack me in your backpack when you head to Thailand? That sounds like such an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    FWIW this is a bar I had made in Thailand on a trip.
    The carvings are full relief.
    The close up is the Monkey General!
    He's a big deal, hence the whole monkey thing.
    Absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, its amazing. It folds out into this huge bar, holds much more booze than anyone should own. A cool rotating glass holder is inside.
    Its fantastic what you find on the backroads in Thailand. It took many months to be built and shipped.

I managed to spend quite a bit of time at the Raffles on other peoples money. The cabana rooms are sweet.
    The cups were a token of appreciation. Not sure I would have sprung for them.

Last time I was there was for a small party. Something like 1500 of us. Imagine that tab!

I could live in Singapore for a while. Almost had offices there once. So close.

If you get to Bangkok I can recommend a great tour guide. He will explain the whole Monkey King / Ramayana epic and the Rama Kings.
    Its all written on the murals on the palace walls.