Thread: Thanksgiving Shoot Out

Thanksgiving Shoot Out

My family has a tradition of shooting clay pigeons on Thanksgiving morning. I'm going to try the ol' camera mounted to the shotgun to see if it gets good footage. I'm wondering if the pigeons will be too far away to see the shot in the frame, as I'll try to keep the barrell in the frame too.

But anyways, anybody else going shooting?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I promised my 10 year old I'd finally get him in the field to pursue duck and/or goose.

We've been practicing for the past few months (he got his blue card in December 2007), but we've not pursued live game yet.

I hope I don't get shot over the Thanksgiving holiday!

Edited to add: Where you going to shoot clays, Beech? I was going to borrow my brother-in-laws thrower and do some of that as well..

My family has some property out west of Ogden that we always go to.

I was thinking about getting my thrower out of my parent's garage and powdering some clays myself.

All I need to do is by a scatter gun.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

My buddies brother is getting ready for his four month trek to Tahoe. He was thinking if he gets a deer and grinds up the meat, he'd be pretty much set on food while he's out there snowmobiling So, that's what we'll be looking to do

Just shot 3 boxes of clays and 4 pheasants on Saturday at a club. I actually shot a pheasant out of the air shooting 1 handed. I was holding my dads shotgun while he was puting a pheasant in the back of my vest when it flushed out. I only have witnesses and no pictures. That shotgun camera mount would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Just shot 3 boxes of clays and 4 pheasants on Saturday at a club. I actually shot a pheasant out of the air shooting 1 handed. I was holding my dads shotgun while he was puting a pheasant in the back of my vest when it flushed out. I only have witnesses and no pictures. That shotgun camera mount would have been awesome.
    sweet!