Thread: Locals disrespect their own lands

Locals disrespect their own lands

I was quite disturbed to see the lack of respect for creatures and cultures on my 9 mile canyon 'glyph outing.

What ignoramus would paint over a several hundred year old 'glyph at Rassmussuen's Cave? And what's the reason to "display" a fox carcass over your fence line?

Apparently these are on private land so you can do whatever you want. Maybe that is the case, but it pretty low if you ask me... and rather dim witted of whomever...

...not to mention the absurd dust cloud at 5pm when I happen to be exiting the canyon along with all the oil workers... it was as thick as fog and it coated every living (and non-living) thing in the area. It made hiking anywhere near unpleasant...

Had to vent somewhere...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Helmet cams are cool!
    www.helmetcamreview.com
    I love to MT bike ride!
    http://www.racemtb.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, it can certainly be attributed to some moron who has no care for artifacts or animal life. I mean, I'm sure they've seen the animal suffering so why not put it out of its misery. Why not remove it from your fencing?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I've seen the same thing (minus the glyphs) in the west desert. Coyotes massacred and their carcasses spread along miles of fence line or dropped in parking areas!

WTF!?!?!

Where's this location?

We all know how I feel about puppies

I visited 9 mile a couple months ago, never again it was one of the worst off the beaten path side trips I have ever had. If I past or was pasted by one large Oil and Gas rig I was pasted by fifty to sixty easy. Dust was everywhere, A great feature as you are looking for and at rock art. I hate to say it it, but there are many among us with absolutely no soul.
    Peter

I expected to find yet another thread of bitching about an exploding trailer in the desert.

LOL, Rednecks.

I guess the sign isn't working. Some people don't think about what they are doing. By my estimation atleast 50% of the population doesn't have common sense, probably more.
    The man thong is wrong.

I for one am glad there is still a little "west" residing here in Utah. I'm sympathetic to the archeological issues, but my guess is that no trespassing stencil is quite old? And at that private property rights are very important to the "west".

People would have had JB's hide when he etched "Joe Biddlecome" in Horseshoe Canyon right over the earlier writings, but for me Joe's named etched in the canyon said more about the area (turn of the century rancher, first to settle and explore the Maze, father of Pearl Biddlecome Baker).

The fox, nothing new there. The "west" used to hang the from their porch.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt
    Does it keep other foxes away?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpUt
    Does it keep other foxes away?
    I honestly don't know... it might actually attract other foxes or coyotes. Coyotes are still a decent threat to the ranching lifestyle, bounty's are still paid in some western counties. I think its more a sign of their lifestyle.

That critter was definitely stuffed in fence

[quote="ExpUt"]I for one am glad there is still a little "west" residing here in Utah. I'm sympathetic to the archeological issues, but my guess is that no trespassing stencil is quite old? And at that private property rights are very important to the "west".
    quote]

Actually the paint was shiney and new. I appreciate property rights as much as the next person... hell we have a 360 acre ranch in Colorado and wish I had some cool history on our place... I certainly would not disrespect them...
    Helmet cams are cool!
    www.helmetcamreview.com
    I love to MT bike ride!
    http://www.racemtb.com

"No no no, you got it all wrong! I was just pushing it through the fence, honestly!!!"