Thread: My Gym Playlist

My Gym Playlist

No... not your complete playlist.... not what you'd like to hear someday at the gym.

But what do you currently walk into the gym with, programmed to play?

Currently, mine is this:

AC/DC - Back in Black
    Slipknot - Psychosocial
    Black Label Society - Fire It Up
    Atreyu - Becoming the Bull
    Pantera - Mouth For War
    Pantera - 13 Steps to Nowhere
    Pantera - Death Rattle
    Disturbed - Stricken
    Unearth - My Will Be Done
    Kix - Girl Money
    Prong - Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck
    White Zombie - More Human Than Human (remix)
    Nickelback - Animals
    Accept - Balls to the Wall

**** All of my favorite songs? No, just ones that help me lift and work out. By the time the playlist is done, I'm done.

What's on your Playlist?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't have a playlist for the gym. I usually listen either Offspring or Primus when I'm lifting. Anything goes on the cardio.

Ahhh yes...White Zombie's "More Human Than Human" -- That girl panting at the start of the song will get the blood flowing if the workout doesn't.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I plug in my head phones to the little box with buttons and numbers that is attached to the tredmill/ bike/ stairmaster at Gold's Gym and watch ESPN or the Mountain. High tech, I know... but no play list.
    Life is Good

1) Disturbed - Stupify
    2) Disturbed - Sickness
    3) Disturbed - Fear--- Great one to get pumped up to
    4) Drowning Pool - Let the bodies hit the floor (no serial killer)
    5) Korn - Coming Undone
    6) Korn - Blind
    7) POD - Boom
    8) Rob Zombie - Dragula
    9) Saliva - Click Click Boom
    10) Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock (not sure why this song works for me)
    11)STP - Dead and bloated
    12) Seven Marry - Cumbersome....

More Human than Human... i forgot all about that song... now i need to find a place to acquire it for ummmmm errrrr free ..
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Pantera, POD, Korn and Zombie; seems a little gym-predictable doesn't it?

Mines pretty much all high tempo trance like Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Christopher Lawrence and George Acosta.
    I've been known to listed to NPR in the gym too.

I go outside to excercise. Sometimes my iPod goes with me. When it does it shuffles through 900 songs and it's always a surprise. Everything from Moby to Sade to Jorge Ben Jor to New Order to Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Mines pretty much all high tempo trance like Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Christopher Lawrence and George Acosta.
    I've been known to listed to NPR in the gym too.

This would totally be my setup if I ever took my fat ass to the gym. I would add a little Dirty Vegas, and Propellerheads, but pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ahhh yes...White Zombie's "More Human Than Human" -- That girl panting at the start of the song will get the blood flowing if the workout doesn't.
    ..and some Enigma.

I just put the Ipod on suffle and rock out...Since most of it has a good beat and is easy to dance to...
    ...I generally go with Incubus, Soundgarden, STP, Motley Crue, Primus....Bob Marley...go figure

Haven't heard that song in a while. Thanks for the reminder, just downloaded it.

My list is nothing too particular but for workouts or biking it usually is made up of stuff from groups like...

STP
    deftones
    Linkin Park
    etc...

I've been running to Rage lately b/c it's so damn fast and loud and hard. Makes me run faster. If not Rage, then HOLE b/c Courtney is an angry rocker chic that screams alot and that also makes me run fast. If I do the Eliptical machine, then Radiohead or one of my belly dance drum mixes seem to be my flavor.

At the gym? What's that?
    -- Austin

Ha ha ha ha. I may die from laughter. That is absolutely classic.

Thanks for that. I can't believe people got into that.
    -- Austin

Blog Entries
    Aerobic:
    -Ministry: Lets Go. That's the perfect tempo and song for keeping your speed up!
    -Papa Roach: Getting Away with the Murder,
    -Godsmack: Best I Can; The Enemy
    -Disturbed: Inside the Fire (although I'm not a huge fan of Disturbed but this song is pretty fun to listen)
    -Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane

Non-Aerobic:
    -Ministry: So What
    -Avenged Sevenfold: Critical Acclaim, Afterlife, Almost Easy
    -Nine Inch Nails: Discipline
    -Metallica: Creeping Death; Green Hell; So What (a dirty song mind you but awesome beat)
    -Godsmack: Serenity
    -Rob Zombie: Dragula
    -Dave Gahan: Kingdom

It just depends really - but that's a somewhat of a consistent base for me.

For all you House music fans, go check out Hed Kandy. Hed Kandy is not a band or a group, but a label. It is a fairly popular House music label in Europe, and it is quite unique. Most of the music published by Hed Kandy could be considered House, but much of it could be considered contemporary Samba, soul, instrumental, or other. If you don't like one album, try another. It's all different and unique, and almost all of it is good. I like it because it's different. 99.5% sure nobody in the entire state of Wyoming has heard of it.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

For all you House music fans, go check out Hed Kandy. Hed Kandy is not a band or a group, but a label. It is a fairly popular House music label in Europe, and it is quite unique. Most of the music published by Hed Kandy could be considered House, but much of it could be considered contemporary Samba, soul, instrumental, or other. If you don't like one album, try another. It's all different and unique, and almost all of it is good. I like it because it's different. 99.5% sure nobody in the entire state of Wyoming has heard of it.
    thanks for the tip. i'll have to check that out.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum