Thread: Local spelunkers map Main Drain, Utah

Local spelunkers map Main Drain, Utah

http://www.cavediggers.com/Depth.pdf

[quote]Local spelunkers map Main Drain, Utah

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow! Thanks for posting. Thats amazing. As much as I would love to see something like the narrows the author describes I would hate the section described where there was only a foot of air above water in a tunnel.
    I remember that Brandon Kowalis guy from high school; he used to hang around with my little brother a lot. I saw him on a Discovery Channel caving documentary made somewhere in south america about a year ago too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Wow! Thanks for posting. Thats amazing. As much as I would love to see something like the narrows the author describes I would hate the section described where there was only a foot of air above water in a tunnel.
    I remember that Brandon Kowalis guy from high school; he used to hang around with my little brother a lot. I saw him on a Discovery Channel caving documentary made somewhere in south america about a year ago too.
    Brandon did a lot of discovery caves in Southern Utah. In a geological survey, he published that just south of St. George he and friends/coworkers found and listed over 200+ caves/pits and of course they won't be published. But Brandon has done a LOT of work - its impressively amazing to map a cave - especially the infamous and confusing Bloomington Cave.

Crazy

Thats absolutely amazing! I had no idea that there was anything like that around here! Sounds extremely interesting! Ill bet plenty of people would like to go there, especially people on this here bogley eh?

I feel another "journey to the center of the earth" coming on here! Only the real deal! Hope there aren't any ginormous lizards in there!

Main Drain

I had the opportunity to do Main Drain Last year with Brandon. It was by far the hardest cave I have ever done!!!! Once we reached the bottom I realized I was exhausted and still had the hardest part of all to go through. The huge pits were amazing to descend, but torture getting out of! The narrows were amazing too, and it was a cool feeling to be canyoneering in a cave. You can check out our pics on my site. http://utahcaves.blogspot.com/search/label/Main%20Drain

Hi Spencer, Can you place a link to this section on your caving blog? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I thought we already did...
    Yep it's on our list of caving links.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I thought we already did...
    Yep it's on our list of caving links.
    Ah ha! Sorry my bad. I should have searched "bogley" on that page. Thanks guys.