Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TCU at Utah Predictions - The Blackout

TCU at Utah Predictions - The Blackout

Jeez I have no clue on this one. I think these two teams are very close and have similar looks on defense and offense. It is going to be a slugfest up on the hill Thursday night.

Who do you predict will win and what will the score be? The Utes must have a slight advantage being at home right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would predict the U will win, but I really am just guessing. It should be a really good game. My score guesses are always way off.

TCU 21-17. But, it could go either way...

You guys can't be serious??? The U has no game this year. The most overated team in the top ten only surpassed by what BYU was when they were 8. BYU had no business being in the top ten, and the U doesn't either. They looked horrible against UNM last night! WTF? If UNM had put just a little offense together last night, the Utes would have lost. TCU will handle the Utes me thinks.

As a Cougar fan, I'd love to see the Utes beat TCU, then the Cougs beat Utah and ... a three-way tie in the MWC?

But I think TCU will shut down the Utah offense. Those guys are faster than anything Utah has seen. I'm going 20-10 TCU.
    Can you see the bottom?

I think TCU and the U are both overrated, but I think they should match up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I think TCU and the U are both overrated, but I think they should match up nicely.
    Agreed, but after seeing the U vs. UNM and TCU vs. BYU my money is on TCU. Of course home field advantage could come through on this one.

I am hoping the homefield helps the Utes because that they are going to need every bit of help that they can get to win this one.. GO UTES

I'm tellin ya it is going to be an embarrassment for the U if they get a BCS bowl bid. Remember Hawaii against Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl? That will be the Utes if they pull off TCU and BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    I'm tellin ya it is going to be an embarrassment for the U if they get a BCS bowl bid. Remember Hawaii against Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl? That will be the Utes if they pull off TCU and BYU.
    Have you seen the Big East or ACC teams? Utah, BYU or TCU could beat any of their top teams (if they even get one in). Penn State isn't all that impressive IMO, nor is the PAC 10, though they'd probably lose to USC. I can see the MWC boys hanging with any other PAC10 team out there.

Now, if they play an SEC team, or Big 12, then it's a different story.

It is shaping up to be a bizarre BCS year, because I don't think the ACC or the Big East is going to qualify teams. TCU has the defense to play with most anyone. If BYU wins out, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the BCS top 12. It isn't inconceivable to have 2 MWC teams in the BCS this year. (BYU is 15, TCU 12, and Utah 8)

Probably more likely to have Boise St. and one MWC team though. Unfortunately, the BCS has a nice little clause that says only one "mid major" team gets an automatic berth each year. So one of the teams would have to be selected as "at large."

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Have you seen the Big East or ACC teams? Utah, BYU or TCU could beat any of their top teams (if they even get one in). Penn State isn't all that impressive IMO, nor is the PAC 10, though they'd probably lose to USC. I can see the MWC boys hanging with any other PAC10 team out there.
    QFE

Now, if they play an SEC team, or Big 12, then it's a different story.
    QFE

It is shaping up to be a bizarre BCS year, because I don't think the ACC or the Big East is going to qualify teams. TCU has the defense to play with most anyone. If BYU wins out, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the BCS top 12. It isn't inconceivable to have 2 MWC teams in the BCS this year. (BYU is 15, TCU 12, and Utah 8)
    Probably more likely to have Boise St. and one MWC team though.
    QFE

I want nothing more than a BCS buster, two is even better. The best thing for the MWC is to get one team in there. The problem with the U is their offence is talented but not clicking. The defence has been winning their games. This will need to be fixed because in good games the defence keeps you in it, the offence wins it.

Wanna shirt?

http://www.questred.com

Rub the "Quest for Perfection" in your favorite BYU fans face!

We tore "The Quest" off the LAME BYU T-shirts and put them on a red T-shirt (and black for TCU!). These shirts are sure to remind BYU fans what perfection looks like! Only one team can claim perfection this decade in the MWC and it is UTAH!!! And everybody knows (including BYU fans) that its going to happen again in 2008!

I hope these jokers aren't out of business after tonight.

I think the shirt has a typo. It should read "Choose Y-sley" and of course I did. And for tonight only, and I can't believe I am saying this, cough....cough....go Utes..cough sputter...cough.
    Life is Good

A few of you fellas have a mouth full of crow...

Not me, I picked the Utes at my office this afternoon. We have a little guess the score thing. I didn't win the score but I did pick the Utes to win. No crow for me this time.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Reedus
    You guys can't be serious??? The U has no game this year. The most overated team in the top ten only surpassed by what BYU was when they were 8. BYU had no business being in the top ten, and the U doesn't either. They looked horrible against UNM last night! WTF? If UNM had put just a little offense together last night, the Utes would have lost. TCU will handle the Utes me thinks.
    What were you saying... GO UTES!!!!
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Are you honestly going to argue that the Utes played a good game?

Talk about Lucky! That was what they needed though to go undefeated. I'm a die hard Cougar fan and anything can happen, but I think the Utes are superior this year.

Now...I still think TCU is better. The Utes needed 2 missed FG's from a normally great kicker. Plus two HUGE sacks thanks to bonehead moves by Dalton to get his team out of FG range 2 other times.

Ute fans, consider yourselves lucky, you didn't deserve this one, but now your chances of going undefeated look really good because lately BYU has looked REALLY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerider
    Just got home from the game. AWESOME!!
    Yeah, I imagine that was a good one to go to. I watched it with my die hard Ute fan neighbor and he went from being depressed pretty much all game long to just about jumping through the roof.