Thread: Tadpole Recumbent Tricycles

Tadpole Recumbent Tricycles

I just ordered in one of these badboys for a guy. I'm thinking about getting one for me in the spring for my roadtrips.

http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/index.html

Anyone have one? I've ridden them several times & my brother has one. My recumbent is still running but I really like the stability and the understeering.

.......just noticed that the link takes you to the site but not directly to the bike. click on recumbents/tadpole-cx model.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not a fan of bents or trikes, but I can see the appeal to certain riders.

I would love to see how fast I can get moving in a windcheetah:

sorry it took me so long to get back to this one After assembling this one I, of course, took it out on its maiden voyage...put about 10 miles on it and loved every second! I only got it up to about 15 -20 mph but a very stable ride. It seems to have good control at around that speed but I'd be careful with the disc brakes going that fast...they work very well! I took it on the flats as well as climbing hills and had no difficulty being able to gear down and maintain a good pace, although if you don't gear down before the climb it is hard to get back to a low gear - gotta anticipate the climb just like any other bike.
    I have since added LOTS of gadgets to this customers' ride - the old guy loves it and has mirrors, lights front and rear, a compass bell, and has built a diamondplated aluminum luggage rack for the back...added a flag and a huge rear reflective caution sign...funny yes, but you can definitely see the guy wherever he goes in town....very cool stuff!
    ...I am definitely getting me one of these!

who makes the best recumbent trike? I liked the terratrikes when I was looking seriously, but they are spendy.

I can do some info digging but there were many new recumbent trikes at Interbike this year ( abt a dozen). The brand I sell right now is SUN and they have three trikes ranging from around $1200 to $1700. That's not too bad considering most go for $ 2000 to $3000. I 'll post my findings.