Thread: Stewart and Bridal Veil Falls

Stewart and Bridal Veil Falls

Totally off the wall question here. Does anyone know if Stewart and/or Bridal Veil Falls can be rappelled?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Actually I thought the same thing. Even wonder of some of the other waterfalls in the area. After that girl got stuck in Scout falls this summer and had to be rescued the video showed a cool class C canyon.

Re: Stewart and Bridal Veil Falls

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook
    Totally off the wall question here. Does anyone know if Stewart and/or Bridal Veil Falls can be rappelled?

Stewart Falls is nothing but small trickle right now, its more of a cliff then a water falls.
    I have heard there is a route above the falls and beyond but the trail has been over grown and would involve a lot of bushwhacking. From what I recall you start on the far left of the falls. I have no idea what you are going to use for an anchor up there.

Getting on the top of Bridal Veil Falls is SKETCHY unless you know something I don't......

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42

Stewart Falls is nothing but small trickle right now, its more of a cliff then a water falls.
    I have heard there is a route above the falls and beyond but the trail has been over grown and would involve a lot of bushwhacking. From what I recall you start on the far left of the falls. I have no idea what you are going to use for an anchor up there.

Getting on the top of Bridal Veil Falls is SKETCHY unless you know something I don't......
    You can traverse all of Cascade Mountain...

There is a route up Bridal Veil, that is east of the falls. There is one section of 50 feet of exposure. Penalty points are high.

Stewart is easy to get on top of. I think the trail actually starts on the right of the falls, looking up at them. There is a cliff band that you have to skirt around all the way to the right, then up on top and back over to the falls. There is actually an upper falls too, but I haven't been up there. Bushwack for sure. I'm sure there is plenty of anchor material up there though. Not sure how exciting it really would be though.

Blog Entries

I got a easier one for ya to do - and a very easy climb back up to the top to repeat.

It's Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove or nearby Provo area (I forget exactly). And besides there is two falls so you can set up a beginner route down the falls to the right, and a more intermediate to the left (although if you don't wear a helmet like me, the water pounding your head on the left falls hurts way bad...). And its probably an easy 30min walk to the actually falls from the parking lot.

Nobody believes me but their pretty fun - especially for how close it is to SLC, a short walk, EASY walk to the top, two waterfalls, easily above 40feet each. And its not a trickle either, even in August when I did it.