Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm cashing out my 401ks for AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and AMMO

I'm cashing out my 401ks for AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and AMMO

I've got a few 401ks floating around from old jobs that add up to a maybe a few thousand bucks. I figure with the market and who's likely going to control our government next, its a good to move my money and invest in assault rifles and handguns. I don't have an AR-15 or an AK and think it is time to for some new aquisitions.

I'm considering Rock River or Bushmaster BUT,

Please advise me on brands and choices you enjoy and have.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am pretty sure there isn

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]I am pretty sure there isn

Re: I'm cashing out my 401ks for AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    I figure with the market and who's likely going to control our government next, its a good to move my money
    Don't worry PIMP, regardless of win this the presidential election. The same people that currently control our country will still be in power

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I stocked up on the 4B's quite some time ago and halted any additional 401k contributions until this stabilized. I'm maintaining what's there for now.

4B's =

Beans
    Beer
    Bullets
    Broads

You can't go wrong with the following in your arsenal:

- Mossberg 12ga shotgun (usually comes with a free stub-nosed barrel and pistol grip for home defense)
    - S&W 30.06 with an ample supply of ammo and at least a 40x scope
    - And finally, at least a Springfield Arms .45ACP SD

Edited to add: Can't really help with an AR or AK clone, as I've just never personally had a desire to purchase one. My arsenal at present works just fine without adding that.

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]I am pretty sure there isn

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Actually James, those guns will increase in value much more than the 401k will in the near future. It's a very good investment.
    In three months, maybe. In ten years, no way in hell.

Even if you think guns kill kittens, this investment is a wise one.
    I just think it is funny that there are people that are actually stupid enough to buy guns just because the Democrats are getting elected. What color is the sky in your world?

PS, same ol' trolls going into the same ol' forums with no history of contribution. Like all the ATVers who troll the canyoneering forum.

Ah boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I just think it is funny that there are people that are actually stupid enough to buy guns just because the Democrats are getting elected. What color is the sky in your world?
    coming from somebody who doesn't know how the market works...

Guns are more valuable when restrictions are placed on them.

I'd hate to fill up a whole page with ammunition ban history vs increased value, but I'll just give you an example from @4 years ago.

The ban expired on a certain ammunition clip. The price dropped. Production was up, supply was up, demand was up.

Economics. Not emotions, but economics. This is not a political subject, only to forecast that guns and ammunition will increase in value by next year.

Guns will most likely have great restrictions on them soon, so if you are smart, you'd invest in some. Then sell when it is forecast that the ban will be lifted.

Believe it or not, some people just don't give a shit about political debate.

coming from somebody who doesn't know how the market works...
    You

AK-47's will be the least expensive and less accurate for longer range shooting. As for AR-15's, I think that the Rock river models are the best out of the box. I would like to build one myself with all of the good parts. Plan on getting on a waiting list, as they are about 12 weeks out. I haven't checked lately on .223 ammo, but earlier this year there was a huge shortage due to the manufacturers sending supplies for the war. I went to 4 different stores besides 2 sportsman warehouses in one day and none of them had any .223 ammo.

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Right! I get it, the gov

I've been stocking up on ammo... I firmly believe that demo gun banners will continue to widdle down on our gun rights and I think they will start with access to ammunition. I've got ~10k of 7.62 and 3k of 9mm.

As for the market value... I've NEVER seen guns or ammo drop in price. And regardless of the market stability or who reigns in our government... guns and ammo can be sold

crazy thread

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]
    Ah boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Blue, yours?

A Obama on Gun Control
    * Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
    * Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998
    Most of my firearms are semi automatic. Democrats in office who support similar policies could definitely affect ones ability to buy firearms, which would prompt one to get them before they pass such laws.

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
    a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
    b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
    c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."
    Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

The reason I made this decision is based on the fact that none of my current guns have fell in value. Example in the 90s sks's could be bought for $60-90 now it's a hell of a deal to find one for $175. During Clinton's assault weapons ban, pre ban ar-15s doubled to trippled in price. I don't see the gun market taking a massive nose dive.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

This is among the most ridiculous, yet entertaining threads I have seen in some time. Cashing out 401k's for guns? Classic!

Either place you keep your money, it is just goods. Goods are only "worth" something relative to "other" goods. How much you paid for a gun in 1992 is no mark on what it is "worth" today, if you are only using dollars to compare. Because obviously, dollars are worth more (or less) at certain times as well. The real worth would be to consider what a gun could be traded for, in times when money is worth nothing. You may have a point, some folks may want some guns. And I'm sure you'll want some flour. Might be worth something.

Also, buying a bunch of guns now would seem to imply that you would be willing to sell said guns at a later time, to make profit. Who's to say the monkey for a president won't completely ban the ability for people to sell guns privately? Then you'd be stuck eating ammunition, instead of beans. That would suck.

Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Then you'd be stuck eating ammunition, instead of beans. That would suck.

Just a thought....
    Like I indicated in my message, you just can't go wrong with spending your 401k dollars on the 4B's!

Again, 4B's =

- Beans
    - Bullets
    - Beer
    - Broads

But not necessarily in that order..

Who's to say the monkey for a president won't completely ban the ability for people to sell guns privately?
    Uhh.... If it becomes illegal, the price per gun actually skyrockets.

This thread is definitely attracting the most liberal anti gun members though for some reason.... I wonder what brought them to the hunting forum.

Who's to say the monkey for a president won't completely ban the ability for people to sell guns privately?
    Uhh.... If it becomes illegal, the price per gun actually skyrockets.

This thread is definitely attracting the most liberal anti gun members though for some reason.... I wonder what brought them to the hunting forum.
    Yes, the price skyrockets. But legality?

Oh yeah, this is the hunting section. Who cares about ethics or legality?

We come in here for the same reason we go into any other forum. To be entertained by sound logic and poetic rhetoric.