Thread: 08 rifle deer hunt

08 rifle deer hunt

Anyone have any luck out there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll throw up a few pictures from the southeast corner of the state.

Me and Ride-on went down, picked up my nephew and hunted the Blue mountains and surrounding canyons. We saw deer everywhere we went but only a few bucks. Sweet 5 days of hunting and a little of natures bounty to enjoy for the winter
    Attached Images Attached Images                      

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    So, do you mount, smoke, jerky or steak them out?

Of late, I've encountered so many hunters that either only care about the rack score (not the meat), or just about the kill (then give away the carcass). What's your objective?

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    So, do you mount, smoke, jerky or steak them out?

Of late, I've encountered so many hunters that either only care about the rack score (not the meat), or just about the kill (then give away the carcass). What's your objective?
    I have the hide tanned, have 7 hides so far, not sure what to make but someday I'll decide. I also process the meat myself every year. I have this one cut and frozen already except for a 4 pound batch of jerky that is being consumed as we speak. Mostly steak but a few roasts and some burger. The entire family loves it and it is some of the most lean and tasty meat around (when processed properly).

My objective is to hunt, harvest, enjoy the outdoors and pass along tradition that has been long enjoyed in my family.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal

My objective is to hunt, harvest, enjoy the outdoors and pass along tradition that has been long enjoyed in my family.
    Out-Freaking-Standing! Excellent photos. I wish I could have gone this year. I took my 10 year old through Hunter Safety, but it was too late to get a tag. We'll be out next year.

Thanks for the photos!

Excellent photos and report. Glad to see you were rewarded. Now pass me some venison.

Now, this is a great TR fourtycal. Well done, great photos.

Here's my best muley of the season. Shot with a 300, about 40 yards out. Possibly mounted in a frame, left the rest to be harvested by someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Now, this is a great TR fourtycal. Well done, great photos.

Here's my best muley of the season. Shot with a 300, about 40 yards out. Possibly mounted in a frame, left the rest to be harvested by someone else...
    I hope you mean nikon d300. Are you a good photographer? FYI your mule is not dead, you can get way closer when they are dead!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Nice pics fourty! Them Abajo

Those are some beautiful Pics. Looks like a fun trip!
    ~Levi

I got this guy the last day of the buck/bull combo hunt, on the mountain by myself. I watched him for about 2 hours and finally decided to take the shot about an hour before dark. I shot at about 100 yards. Once I got help there it took 6 of us until 4:00 the next morning to get him all the way out. Let's just say it was a heck of a hike, but well worth the experience. Nice little 4 x 3. Saw some black bear tracks a couple of hundred yards from where we were, in the day old snow. It was pretty cool.