Thread: Wetsuit repair

Wetsuit repair

So I've got a tear in a wetsuit to fix, not too bad but if nothing else I don't want it to get bigger. I see Aquaseal & Cotol 240 Repair Adhesive Combo for sale at NorthWashOutfitters - does this do the trick? I've also read that the tear should be sewn with dental floss... Anyone out there who's been there with advice on the best proven methods I'd appreciate hearing what you did.

Thanks, Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have had numerous gouges in my wetuits, I fill them with aquaseal and it seems to do the trick.

If you have a big rip in your wetsuit then it should be sewn closed with heavy duty thread or dental floss. Then you can use aquaseal or some other sort of neoprene cement to cover the stiching and give it a little more protection from abrasion.

aquaseal! i've used it to repair lots of different types of materials. for a long time i thought i could be the national spokesman for aquaseal.

wetsuits, waders, goretex jackets, tent rain flys, gaiters, dry bags, thermarest pads.

its a great product. and it will cure at below freezing temps. patched a thermarest pad and a ripped tent fly at 17,200 on denali.

just put a piece of duct tape on the back to hold it together and apply, cure 24 hours and remove the duct tape and you are done.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

I've gotten some pretty big tears in mine. The largest was about 3" long and went all the way through. I simply put ducktape on the inside to hold the two pieces together and then ran aquaseal on the outside. That was a few years ago and the tear has never re-opened.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Is there an echo in here?
    The man thong is wrong.

What echo????......... Aquaseal.. Oh that one. Yep, that is the trick and I have gone through a tube or two
    Life is Good

Thanks for the echos - I'm on my way!

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide View Post
    aquaseal! i've used it to repair lots of different types of materials. for a long time i thought i could be the national spokesman for aquaseal.

wetsuits, waders, goretex jackets, tent rain flys, gaiters, dry bags, thermarest pads.
    A little help here... I've got a few small holes in dry bags. Is Aquaseal what I should repair with... as opposed to Sil-Net or SeamGrip ??

Thanks

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRock View Post
    A little help here... I've got a few small holes in dry bags. Is Aquaseal what I should repair with... as opposed to Sil-Net or SeamGrip ??

Thanks
    Yes, Aquaseal is the stuff. Best to do both sides. Of course, best to fix all of the holes, but they can be hard to find...