Thread: Kolob TR on Latest Rave

Kolob TR on Latest Rave

Descended Kolob on Saturday, story and photos are up on the CUSA Latest Rave.

Latest Rave, click here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Kolob TR on Latest Rave

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Beautiful Photos! Looks like a great time! Thanks!

That one photo at what you called the last rappel, and most just jump it is where Tanya and I ran into the Cougar !

Sorry to hear Randi lost her camera?! Were you able to recover it?

Beautiful photos is right. I loved seeing the fall leaves floating in the canyon water. Thanks for sharing.

May I copy a pic from your site to use as a desk top for my PC? They are awe inspiring. And how do I do that?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Nice Photos & TR

How thick were those wetsuits? I can't make up my mind if I want to get a 4/3 or 5/3.

Thanks.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    That one photo at what you called the last rappel, and most just jump it is where Tanya and I ran into the Cougar !
    Wait Wut. I thought it was on the MIA exit. Must have understood Tanya wrong. It was there at the last rappel. What happended to the Cougar? Knowing you Bo you killed it with your hands.

Thank you for sharing your adventure! The pictures are beautiful and I love seeing all the fall colours.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Beautiful stuff - I'm only about half way through, because the slow crappy internet connection in my tent is holding me back. Looking forward to the rest!

I was a little concerned about the "R" in the rating on this one, which is why I was less inclined to join in - although I have my doubts I could have hooked up with you guys no matter how hard I tried. Contacting karma just wasn't with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Beautiful stuff - I'm only about half way through, because the slow crappy internet connection in my tent is holding me back. Looking forward to the rest!

I was a little concerned about the "R" in the rating on this one, which is why I was less inclined to join in - although I have my doubts I could have hooked up with you guys no matter how hard I tried. Contacting karma just wasn't with me...
    In yer tent? Where ya at exactly Cirrus?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

Rumor is he is in Moab vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

Rumor is he is in Moab vicinity.
    On Bogley in his tent? Hardcore man. Cirrus you da man.

So yer back in the lower 48 eh? Welcome back. Let's hook up sometime.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Wait Wut. I thought it was on the MIA exit. Must have understood Tanya wrong. It was there at the last rappel. What happended to the Cougar? Knowing you Bo you killed it with your hands.
    No Shaun! Tanya and I had completed the last rappel (long one) with thunder-boomers up-canyon, water level rising from the rain as we de-wetsuited, packed up and headed downcanyon. Soon you come to that photo where Randi is rapping the short drop into the pool below. We ran into the cougar just before coming to this short drop into the pool. The cat was coming up-canyon just above this pool/drop. He stopped, we stopped (10 yards apart) and stood looking at each other. Thats when we threw a rock, yelled and the cat headed back down-canyon. Contrary to belief cats do swim! Anyhow, we followed ? the cat downstream a long ways before it found a way to exit out of the canyon I assume? We could only imagine that it was ahead of us and watching us even all the way out MIA, but I think it exited well before we reached the exit?

very cool pictures. Way to break back into the canyons. Kolob is on my list for next year. That fish is huge!!! I also would like to know how the get there and if they can live through the winter.
    The man thong is wrong.

Very nice Dan. I'm glad you finally bagged Kolob. Very pretty canyon. One day you gotta do the whole thing. I still think the Kolob narrows are taller and more extreme than "the Narrows" of the Virgin.
    Life is Good

I was about midway through a rappel when I heard the splash. I looked up and yelled "hey, what are you guys doing dropping rocks on me?" I thought one of the boys had kicked a rock down and neglected to yell "ROCK". Once I landed in the pool, I noticed my camera case was open ~ vulgarities ensued (though I am certain that I didn't utter the terrible words Dan claimed I did!) I'm sure it was nothing more than the *S* word a bunch of times. I went fishing, found it and immediately popped out the battery and memory card.

And yes, the Zombie camera still lives! Once home I did what I've done THREE times before: took it apart, and used a blow dryer on it. It's pretty smashed up, but the LCD screen still works and it still takes pictures! Cannon rocks!

Bo, were you up on Kolob Terrace too that Sat. morning?
    Sorry we missed you if you were. It would have been nice to see you!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi

I was about midway through a rappel when I heard the splash. I looked up and yelled "hey, what are you guys doing dropping rocks on me?" I thought one of the boys had kicked a rock down and neglected to yell "ROCK". Once I landed in the pool, I noticed my camera case was open ~ vulgarities ensued (though I am certain that I didn't utter the terrible words Dan claimed I did!) I'm sure it was nothing more than the *S* word a bunch of times. I went fishing, found it and immediately popped out the battery and memory card.

And yes, the Zombie camera still lives! Once home I did what I've done THREE times before: took it apart, and used a blow dryer on it. It's pretty smashed up, but the LCD screen still works and it still takes pictures! Cannon rocks!

Bo, were you up on Kolob Terrace too that Sat. morning?
    Sorry we missed you if you were. It would have been nice to see you!
    Dang! Thats awesome that your camera came through! Sure are making those things tough these days!
    Jan and I got up to Kolob "West Rim TH" at about 9AM on sunday. We saw only 2 other vehicles parked there. I wondered if maybe they had been yours? Anyway...after we finished the West Rim to the main canyon...we hooked up with Kev and had a long dinner and socialized until pretty late. We went back to retrieve our vehicle at WRTH as it was just getting dark. There was still one vehicle parked off to the left side of the road just before the main parking area. Thought it might have been your group? Sorry we missed you too. Anyway...my shoulder is coming along and in a couple months I should be able to dig into some more adventureous hiking? Hope to hook up with you one of these days!

I did Kolob in September. Probably the most fun canyon I have done, I would like to go all the way down to the narraow as a two day this summer. The MIA exit kicked my but!!!