Thread: My bad luck and My brothers good luck (Dead Elk Picture)

My bad luck and My brothers good luck (Dead Elk Picture)

Opening day not more than 3 hours after hunting, I was heading back to the truck and slipped on a wet rock and tore 90% of my achilles tendon and ended my elk hunt, and upcoming deer rifle hunt before it even starts. However on the other side of the spectrum. My brother got this little bull yesterday near vernal in general any bull area.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

HOW DARE YOU POST PICTURES OF DEAD ANIMALS!!!!!!!

j/k looks like a nice kill
    to bad about tearing your achilles tendon

sucks for you, cool for him.

btw, thanks for clarifying that there's a dead animal in here. I'd hate for somebody to click on this thread expecting a slot canyon.

I guess "Hunting & Shooting" could mean hunting for a trail and shooting up the summit.

komfusing times.

Sorry to hear about your injury I hope you get better soon but it sounds like your in a long recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    HOW DARE YOU POST PICTURES OF DEAD ANIMALS!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    btw, thanks for clarifying that there's a dead animal in here. I'd hate for somebody to click on this thread expecting a slot canyon.

Maybe you guys didn't notice but this is a hunting post and not the typical sport killing/littering post.

so take you own advice and....

There's only one reason for Summit to ever enter a hunting, ATV, or Offroad section.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    There's only one reason for Summit to ever enter a hunting, ATV, or Offroad section.....
    To bitch?

Nice. I hope he hooks you up with some Steak or jerky.

Tell your bro to at least let him finish chewing on the weed before you ploink him, sheeesh.

I kid I kid! But doesn't it look like he was in mid-chew when he bit the dust with the weed sticking out his mouth?

Why does a torn ACL end your hunt? Do you need an achilles tendon to ride an ATV?

Just messin' pimp. Sorry to hear about the injury. I had some pretty serious tendonitis on my achilles last year, and it was not fun. Can't imagine not having a tendon. Surgery planned?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Surgery planned?
    With lots of Lortab.

Everybody is Pimp's friend for the next 4 months.

Tough luck Tpimp. Here's to a speedy recovery and a trophy bull next year.

Wow thanks for all the support guys, it means alot. As far as surgery the doc is opting out on that. Since I still have 10% of the tendon left he says thats enough for the body to work with. I had an MRI and was told that I was guaranteed to be in an awful thigh high fiberglass cast for 8 weeks, followed by intensive physical therapy. But I don't know what other than a miracle has quickened my tendon's healing. For some reason my foot motion and strength multiplied 3 times acording to the doc since my accident. Enough to be able to use a walking cast. The only thing I can explain is a herbal oil my mom gave me called Helicrocem (hu-lic-ro-sum) cost a wopping $45 for 1/2 ounce they say it's supposed promote nerve and tissue growth. I rubbed that on my heal and calf morning and night since the accident. The doctor says he's never seen a person with an injury so bad start to recover so quickly. I can just say I count my blessings with this one. I have a baby boy due to come any day. And a thigh high fiberglass cast would be very tough to deal with for me and my wife during this time.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Sorry to hear about your injury. Its good you are recovering so well - Just don't over do it.

Your bro got a nice bull, BTW
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Honestly, you are the LAST person on earth that I'd want to see in some thigh highs.

Bow chicka bow wow......