Thread: New slideshow on the home page

New slideshow on the home page

We've been looking around at different slideshows, it turns out we're satisfied with the one straight from flickr.... who knew?

I think we'll start using this one. Check it out, here's the first feature we used it on:
    http://www.bogley.com/?p=900

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice

Thanks, I think the timing is just about right, after all, you can pause and such.

You can even play it full screen, it has the thumb preview, lots of options.

I think we all got tired of clicking each time to advance the frame.

is there a way to embed our own flickr slideshows? i searched but couldn't come up with anything. from your results, it seems that it is obviously doable...

Can you allow HTML code for posts in phpbb?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    is there a way to embed our own flickr slideshows? i searched but couldn't come up with anything. from your results, it seems that it is obviously doable...
    For the home page, yes, there is. I'd just need to get the embed link from you.

In posts, unfortunately not. This type of "any html" embed is not available on our current phpbb version. It appears to be available in phpbb3 though.

We've had to pick the most popular type of embed request like YouTube, and it was a huge modification to make.

Someday we'll update (possibly) to phpbb3, but it will be a major undertaking. On the other hand, we've got some things coming up that are very html friendly options for the bogley members in the next couple of weeks.