Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it? - The Game

What is it? - The Game

So, what is it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

old wheat grinder? Put the wheat in the bucket thing on the left and somehow the wheels turn mechanical or hand?
    The man thong is wrong.

More pics from different angles please.

I would have to agree on some sort of grain grinder thingy majig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    old wheat grinder? Put the wheat in the bucket thing on the left and somehow the wheels turn mechanical or hand?
    Nope
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I know, I know but that would be cheating if I told, since I have seen this item myself.

Looks like a single-cyl. gasoline engine -- one that would fire only a few times per minute as the heavy flywheels absorbed the energy. Is it a "Waterloo Boy" engine?
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Looks like a single-cyl. gasoline engine -- one that would fire only a few times per minute as the heavy flywheels absorbed the energy. Is it a "Waterloo Boy" engine?
    Correct! It is a one cylinder gasoline engine. The engines that fired occasionally are called hit-and-miss.

They were used to run a variety of implements from the turn of the century, using a flat belt.

This engine is a Woodpecker and came off a self propelled lawnmower.

Good Job Rev!
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Correct! It is a one cylinder gasoline engine. The engines that fired occasionally are called hit-and-miss.

They were used to run a variety of implements from Apple Cider Presses to Wheat Grinders (i couldn't think of anything that started with a 'Z' off hand)

Good Job Rev!
    Are you looking to restore this one? I remember as a kid watching these things run in displays at the State Fair. Wonderful engines.

-- Wm Blake

They were used to run a variety of implements from Apple Cider Presses to Wheat Grinders (i couldn't think of anything that started with a 'Z' off hand)

Good Job Rev!
    Are you looking to restore this one? I remember as a kid watching these things run in displays at the State Fair. Wonderful engines.
    Its my dad's. Yeah, he is restoring it. Along with a dozen others he has picked up over the years.

These are really fun - there isn't a key, or a start button. You start the engine by turning the flywheels. The engine fires and runs - almost literally in the palm of your hand!

WHO IS NEXT?
    - Edward Abbey

here is one that should be pretty easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The man thong is wrong.

here is a pic I found of a similar one that is on a lawn mower like this one was

For making toast?
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    here is one that should be pretty easy.
    Yeah I just saw one of these on the show True Blood.

Mtnman1830 got it right. For making toast in the fireplace.

For making toast?
    WinnAr!
    The man thong is wrong.

Apple peeler/slicer?
    Life is Good

semi-automatic potato pealer?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    that was to easy
    Who won?!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    Here is another
    Peels and cores apples.

-- Wm Blake