Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    and God let the blessed mana fall!

Chere'

*SNOW*
    Gotta love it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    See you on the Trail

Cool pictures guys, I just got up and I was going to snap a photo of my street but now I'm excused.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Greyhair I can't understand why you didn't get outta dodge a loooong time ago! Why do the locals love this place so much? Are the 3 months of nice weather really that worth it?
    ...ooops...did I forget to warn you about the 'weather' here?
    I AM always looking for an excuse to get to a warmer climate and if the money was right I'd not hesitate to get outta dodge!
    ...tuesday will be indian summer again so it's be ok...for another 20 minutes or so

I was up at Bear Lake closing the family house and we got 5 1/2" when it was all said and done. It was white out conditions for most of Saturday and brrrrrr COLD. Snapped a few pictures with my iPhone.

A wee bit early

There's no snow on the ground but a cold front moved in yesterday so it's a whopping 22.7 degrees on my thermometer this morning.

Awful, Awful news Alison. Good thing I don't have a temperature measuring device.

I drove my son to early morning jazz band and the jeep thermometer said 22 degrees too...at least the winds' not blowing yet Oh, and I get to install a new furnace - soon - pilot light won't stay running and I've already replaced the thermocouple...hooray for me!

Cool enough here as well. I woke yesterday to 36 Deg in Ivins. Time to dismantle the swamp cooler!

There was a sprinkle on the ground here in American Fork yesterday but it's mostly gone.

I really like this picture. Thanks for sharing:

I hate the snow when I'm not mentally prepared for it. I'm still not done with summer yet and there's so much more mountain biking to be done. I think I'll head to Gooseberry this weekend
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

You'll be glad to hear that the weather in Moab for the race this last weekend turned out ok. It was windy as heck on Friday and Saturday until about 8:00 pm (I've still got sand in my ears). After that, it cleared up and got cold, but no rain or snow to speak of. I'm glad the weather people were wrong about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    There was a sprinkle on the ground here in American Fork yesterday but it's mostly gone.

I really like this picture. Thanks for sharing:
    Little bit different angle:

We got missed by the snow storm, but it was 9F degrees this morning at the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    We got missed by the snow storm, but it was 9F degrees this morning at the house.
    Turn on your heating unit!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I drove my son to early morning jazz band and the jeep thermometer said 22 degrees too...at least the winds' not blowing yet Oh, and I get to install a new furnace - soon - pilot light won't stay running and I've already replaced the thermocouple...hooray for me!
    Yay for you! I lost the motor in my furnace this week. In the mornings, it is a chilly 60 degrees in my house, and by bedtime, it is almost 70. It wouldn't bother me too much if I didn't have my son here.

I just use the oven to make dinner - I haven't had to turn on the fireplace yet.

Good thing it happend early in the season. I can wait until the weekend (and payday) to get a new motor.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey