Thread: How to make a homemade sausage!

How to make a homemade sausage!

Last night, actually until this morning, was my first attempt at making a homemade sausage. Here's a couple of pics of the making process and the actual smoked sausage.

Now, this is the real deal with no preservatives, chemicals, MSG, or all that other crap. The making of a sausage involves preparation. I grounded the pork on Thursday, added salt, peper, crushed garlic and another secret ingredient, mixed it all up and let it sit until Friday evening.

Then came the process of stuffing natural sausage casings. Holding a sausage (casing) as it fills with meat and grows in thickness, hardness and length is very natural to both genders so if you were ever intimidated by the sausage making process, don't be. It's easier than you thought, it just comes naturally, heh. Just be careful that it does not burst - sausage grows and hardens too fast while it is being held too tight.

The last and rather tedious process is the smoking of a sausage which takes a long long time depending on whether it's cold, medium, or hot smoking method. It's good to drink vodka to pass the time. But the end result is a delicious sausage that you'll never get in a local market.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

a Polish making Sausage?

The Circle of Life

HAHAHAHAHAHA...................First of all, I am really impressed with the time it took for you guys to make homemade sausage. It actually looks like fun! Stuffing sausage.

Secondly, I can't help but read your directions to making sausage and laugh.

Thirdly, BAD ASS HOUSE. LOVE the decor and the colors on the walls. So eclectic!

So the question is, how did they taste?

Tasted like a delicious Polish sausage. Can't elaborate any more than that, heh.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    HAHAHAHAHAHA...................First of all, I am really impressed with the time it took for you guys to make homemade sausage. It actually looks like fun! Stuffing sausage.

Secondly, I can't help but read your directions to making sausage and laugh.

Thirdly, BAD ASS HOUSE. LOVE the decor and the colors on the walls. So eclectic!

So the question is, how did they taste?
    Agreed........love the colors! Gosh - I'm hungry yet aroused at the same time. Who knew that making sausage could be a sensual experience!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2 men standing next to each other with a fistful of sausage brings the wrong kind of "sensual" thoughts into my head.

Is that what you'd call a "sausage party"?

Just kiddin' Kap. That looks like some good home cookin! It would look even more appetizing if I were a fan of sauerkraut. Add a little swiss, some rye bread, and some brown mustard and you've got a helluva sammich.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    2 men standing next to each other with a fistful of sausage brings the wrong kind of "sensual" thoughts into my head.

My wife is half Polish and half Lithuanian. I learned early on in our relationship to keep the lightbulb comments to my self (insert joking tone here ) I wish she could make such a great looking sausage. Soooo hungry !

Way to go Kapitan ! And like the Alison and Savanna said, great kitchen.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Dude, just come over to my house tonight and I'll smoke your sausage.

*wait... was that out loud?*

To put it in perspective, i.e. on a plate, here's a cross section of Kapitan's original sausage. Notice the the healthy colors. Next to it is a slice of a homemade pork loin. The entire piece is visible at the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH

Just kiddin' Kap. That looks like some good home cookin! It would look even more appetizing if I were a fan of sauerkraut. Add a little swiss, some rye bread, and some brown mustard and you've got a helluva sammich.