Canyoneers on Sale at ZAC

Canyoneers (uh, the shoes) are on sale at Zion Adventure Company now
    until the end of the year (-ish). 30% off = about $76.30 plus tax (in
    Utah) and shipping...

Stop by or call: 435-772-1001

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Boo! Don't support ZAC they suck. They are overpriced, have piss poor service and they make money by charging people to access public lands. They are the 21st century equivalent to the mining industry.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Boo! Don't support ZAC they suck. They are overpriced, have piss poor service and they make money by charging people to access public lands. They are the 21st century equivalent to the mining industry.

James

Over the last 3 years, I have made numerous purchases from ZAC, rented equipment, and have used the shuttle service twice this year. I have had nothing but perfect timely service.

Why do you think they should drive me to a trailhead free of charge???

I choose to spend my money with small business and I will continue to support ZAC.

Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

I had to read the James post a couple times. I was looking for the sarcasm. WTF James? Harsh and no explanation.

I gotta say, like Felicia, I will always try to support local business and find the people at ZAC to be friendly and knowledgeable.

James
    Wow. Vitriol that is usually reserved for conservatives...

Overpriced? The market will tell.

Service? I've not partaken of their service much, but was more than happy with it when required.

Ethics? Huh? Dude, they take people to places they wouldn't normally go - safely. Guides do that everywhere. Planning on shutting down the AMGA?

I'm left with a big ol' WTF???

Some big multi-national that's raping the environment and damaging communities, I'm with ya, but ZAC?

You're entitled to your opinion - this is a free country. You could significantly strengthen your argument by backing your opinions up with facts, instead of trollish antagonism.

I read your link, and agree with you to a point, but it still won't sway me from purchasing sale items from the ZAC.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

James
    Jeez what did they ever do to you. ZAC has never done me wrong. Yes they may have prices that my be more than an online store or a sale at REI but they are in Springdale, a resort town of sorts. Seems I also pay more for a burger and fries, a lot more. Granted I have never hired ZAC's services but I have purchased items there. I didn't think they were terribly overpriced, in fact these sales make their price lower than anyone around my home. As for the charging for access issue, you refer to Oak Creek I assume. It appears to me they are charging for their guiding service. They have negotiated a deal with a private land owner for access. If you want access, there are ways. Assert an easement and see how you do. Of course it will take a bit of money and time in court. (I also hate the access issues by the way.) ZAC equivalent to the mining industry? Give me a break. They sell stuff, the rent stuff and they guide people all to make a buck or two. Good business in a great location and it looks like fun. I wish I would have thought of it.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    They sell stuff, the rent stuff and they guide people all to make a buck or two. Good business in a great location and it looks like fun. I wish I would have thought of it.
    Capitalism at its' finest!
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    You're entitled to your opinion - this is a free country.

Don

[quote=James_B_Wads2000] So she said that she was going to reverse the charges if I told her how to find Mike. I told her to reverse them immediately and Mike

James,
    Let me get this straight. Your group rented several dry suits and several other pieces of gear from ZAC's. Then your mad that they have guidelines on when they want THEIR gear back. It is their gear and they like to inspect it when it is returned. Then YOU or someone in your group ruins the collar on one of the suits. Then you leave a note about ruining the collar. In this note did you leave info on how they could get paid for the ruined gasket, did anyone call them and make arrangements afterwards to pay for the broken piece of equipment? I doubt it.
    ZACS changes the rules for you so you could return the gear later after you throw a fit and then you don't even have the decency to contact them and take care of it, so in turn they charge the only person that was in the group that they have any info on for the broken equipment and they are wrong? GET A CLUE. If I was ZAC'S you would of not of got your money back and politely told to take your business elsewhere. This is why rental places want their gear back at certain times so the don't get screwed by a**** like you. They weren't the problem here.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    If I was ZAC'S you would of not of got your money back and politely told to take your business elsewhere.
    And I would have taken your ass to small claims court. My debit card was on my rental contract for the equipment I rented. Just because I am an acquaintance to someone else doesn

You state, "your the kind of guy that wants to set things right but....". Then just because you felt they treated you unfairly why didn't you set it right and get the money from your friend of a friend. As far as I can see ZAC's is still out their money. So things didn't get set right.
    Mark

I told you why, they were assholes and I was broke. I don't know if they ever settled with Mike. I have seen him once in the last four years and frankly it is between him and ZAC.

James

Re: Canyoneers on Sale at ZAC

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Canyoneers (uh, the shoes) are on sale at Zion Adventure Company now
    until the end of the year (-ish). 30% off = about $76.30 plus tax (in
    Utah) and shipping...

Stop by or call: 435-772-1001

Tom
    Thanks for the heads up. I do love a good shoe sale