Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ben Lomond and probably my last ride for the year. :(

  1. #1
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265

    Ben Lomond and probably my last ride for the year. :(

    So yesterday I had a babysitter and wanted to go for a ride. My intention was to only be gone for about 3 hour
    Chere'




  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    WOW! I commend you, that's a decent climb on a bike.

    And great write up!

  4. #3
    Holy Crap!!
    That is a hell of a story! I cant believe you RODE down (with a concussion, I'm guessing!), got food, ATE, and then went to the doc. You're crazy, girl!!
    Are you OK?? Seriously, are you OK? How's your bike?

    The story about your bike's gender and your daughter is hilarious!

    Take care of yourself! See ya back on the trail soon, I hope!

    Karen
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

  5. #4
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    I am pissed! I have been having so much fun this summer and now that cooler weather is here I was thinking I was going to have even more fun. No now I get to ride my bike attached to the stationary trainer watching reruns of the Office cuz I don't have TV!

    But other then that I am fine!


    Guess I can shift to hiking instead of biking until I break and ankle.
    Chere'




  6. #5
    DAMN girl! We ought to start a club...NOT!
    .....my bike is a woman....an agry buff hott amazon woman....that doenst like me. I think she's for sale
    Hope you heal up faster than I did

  7. #6
    Excellent pictures! Sorry to hear about the crash, it happens to the best of us. YOUR AN ANIMAL!

    The sushi will help.


  8. #7
    Wow! I am just glad to hear that you are alright.

    Something you might want to consider if you are riding alone as I pretty much always am is one of these...

    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13189

    You can send out a:

    friendly hello here I am or a
    I've fallen and I can't get up or a
    911 I'm in need of emergency help

    Pretty handy if your in an area with no cell phone coverage.

  9. #8
    DAMNNNNNNNNNN.............I don't log onto Bogley for 4 days and I come back to all kinds of juicy goodness. You poor thing! Hope you get to feeling better sister! We can't let this impair your typing instant messages to me.


    ps
    And now I re-contemplate riding a mountain bike AGAIN. HAHAHA!!!

  10. #9
    Ouch, hope the hand and wounds heal up quick, glad the helmet did it's job. Even if it hadn't cracked (which I believe they're designed to do) you would want to replace it after a big impact like that, sounds like a really hard hit. Did the bike make it out okay? Sounds like it was alright to at least finish the ride back to the car.

    Who knows, maybe you'll get in some late season riding, you never know with Utah weather.

  11. #10
    Hope you'll be OK! That's why you wear a helmet. I know so many people saved (myself included) from wearing the ol' brain bucket. Sometimes they're hot and sweaty, and a pain but the alternative is so much worse. Occasionally I'll come across someone not wearing one on the trail and wonder what they're thinking- obviously they aren't! Glad to hear the crash hasn't scared you off the trail. Best thing is to realize what you did wrong, learn from it, then get right back on (after you heal enough of course).
    Are we there yet?

  12. #11
    Ouch that sucks but I'm glad you were able to get down on your own. Getting the family dinner shows the gusto that only moms have.

    Cracked helmet = concussion for sure that must have been one heck'uva an ass over elbows wreck. Did you wake up and think "is my bike allright?"
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

  13. #12
    Just don't be one of those hikers who take up the whole trail and stubbornly stand their ground

    Glad you're ok. Helmets and bike parts are cheap.

  14. #13
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    DAMN girl! We ought to start a club...NOT!
    .....my bike is a woman....an agry buff hott amazon woman....that doenst like me. I think she's for sale
    Hope you heal up faster than I did
    If we have to start a club, can we pick some other form of initiatin the breaking the hadn. ouch... wait.... no slapping of the hands, that hurts!

    I think i wilkl heel up faster then you, I didnt have to ride in an ambuance

    and my typing sucks and ya all will have to deel with it! LOL!!!

    A hot amazon women...nice!! You better treat right or she will keep kickig you off.
    Chere'




  15. #14
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Wow! I am just glad to hear that you are alright.

    Something you might want to consider if you are riding alone as I pretty much always am is one of these...

    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13189

    You can send out a:

    friendly hello here I am or a
    I've fallen and I can't get up or a
    911 I'm in need of emergency help

    Pretty handy if your in an area with no cell phone coverage.
    Yeah I got chewed out for riding by myself, biut if i wait to go when someone else can then I would never get to go, and I didnt spend that much on a bike for it to sit and collect dust!

    i guess next year to make some people haopy i will look ijnto that
    Chere'




  16. #15
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    DAMNNNNNNNNNN.............I don't log onto Bogley for 4 days and I come back to all kinds of juicy goodness. You poor thing! Hope you get to feeling better sister! We can't let this impair your typing instant messages to me.


    ps
    And now I re-contemplate riding a mountain bike AGAIN. HAHAHA!!!
    as long as you can put up with the misspelled words, we shoulkd be good!

    And dont RETHINK!!! just go get a bike and ride, for the love a god women just ride!!
    Chere'




  17. #16
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    Ouch, hope the hand and wounds heal up quick, glad the helmet did it's job. Even if it hadn't cracked (which I believe they're designed to do) you would want to replace it after a big impact like that, sounds like a really hard hit. Did the bike make it out okay? Sounds like it was alright to at least finish the ride back to the car.

    Who knows, maybe you'll get in some late season riding, you never know with Utah weather.
    I hope I get another ride in, oh well at least snow is right around the corner! Then I get to ski!!!

    Bike seems to be fine, i think he is laughing at me! Scratched the brake leavers thats about it, or all the damage I can see.
    Chere'




  18. #17
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleken
    Ouch that sucks but I'm glad you were able to get down on your own. Getting the family dinner shows the gusto that only moms have.

    Cracked helmet = concussion for sure that must have been one heck'uva an ass over elbows wreck. Did you wake up and think "is my bike allright?"
    My first thought was "stupid girl, what did I go and do that for!"

    Now that it has been two days all if the deep bruises are startiung to cime to the surface. Bruises make such pretty colors. So far they are not as bad as Tree's or Fuzzy which is good.
    Chere'




  19. #18
    ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    busting my ass
    Posts
    4,265
    Quote Originally Posted by KAH
    Just don't be one of those hikers who take up the whole trail and stubbornly stand their ground

    Glad you're ok. Helmets and bike parts are cheap.
    Only if it is you coming down! And only cuz you said that. J/K I will be a good little hiker gril
    Chere'




  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    Ouch, hope the hand and wounds heal up quick, glad the helmet did it's job. Even if it hadn't cracked (which I believe they're designed to do) you would want to replace it after a big impact like that, sounds like a really hard hit. Did the bike make it out okay? Sounds like it was alright to at least finish the ride back to the car.

    Who knows, maybe you'll get in some late season riding, you never know with Utah weather.
    I hope I get another ride in, oh well at least snow is right around the corner! Then I get to ski!!!

    Bike seems to be fine, i think he is laughing at me! Scratched the brake leavers thats about it, or all the damage I can see.
    I'm pretty eager for the snow too, but you never know, I rode Mid-Mountain over Thanksgiving weekend last year. That's good the bike is okay too, nothing worse than getting hurt and messing your bike up badly in the process. As far as riding alone goes, I say go for it. Riding with friends is great but a lot of times that doesn't work out, I'd much rather be riding alone than sitting at home because I'm afraid to venture out on my own. I might not push myself quite as hard solo but it's still great to get out.

  21. #20
    wow, crazy story.....you're quite the trooper

    those pics are awesome, thanks for sharing.....and I can see my house down there by the fish farm
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Ben Lomond peak 7/12/08
    By Sombeech in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
  2. [Trip Report] Ben Lomond TR (6-28-05)
    By Mtnman1830 in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 11:54 PM
  3. The last evening ride of the year?
    By Sombeech in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
  4. [Trip Report] Ben Lomond
    By Dogden Mt Biker in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
  5. [Trip Report] Ben Lomond TR
    By rwpontius in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 07:13 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •