Thread: My wife made me buy a new bike today

My wife made me buy a new bike today

Well probably tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

God I love this woman!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    That is awesome Last Child! Whatcha gonna buy?? Huh you gotta tell us. You better buy her some gorgeous flowers! Or send her to the day spa!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    That is awesome Last Child! Whatcha gonna buy?? Huh you gotta tell us. You better buy her some gorgeous flowers! Or send her to the day spa!
    Hey Thanks!

It's more than likely going to be a Santa Cruz SuperLight or Heckler.

She got tired of me researching and whining. She knows me better than I know myself and told me to go with my original decision and trust my feelings and then kicked me out of the house.

They are building up a couple of different sizes for my final test rides and such. Hopefully after this mornings ride with devo_stevo they will be ready for me to check out. I'll post some pics as soon as I have made the adoption and it has a new garage to call home. I am so excited.

And yeah, I'm trying to think of something to show her how wonderful she is. I am truly a very very lucky man.

Good for you! I also married an awesome woman, but she only makes me buy new clothes... which isn't nearly as exciting :).

I was laughing as I was reading your post.... My wife said close to the same thing to me. "Quit researching and over thinking all this and buy the damn bike!"

Speaking of the bike, we were VERY close there as well. Though I was deciding between a BLT and Heckler in the end.

I ended up just buying my husband's new bike for him!!

congrats on the new bike!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

So, did you get it? Remember that without the pics, the bike doesn't exist.

Thanks again for the ride this morning. It was a fun one.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    So, did you get it? Remember that without the pics, the bike doesn't exist.

Thanks again for the ride this morning. It was a fun one.
    Well I didn't come home with one yet but I did pay for it. I went and did more test riding. The mediums were a bit small for me and the only large (Heckler) they had was bright, bright yellow. So bright it bet it glows in the dark. Although very perty it's just not me. So I ordered a liquid blue one. I wanted to get the anodized slate or black but I couldn't justify the extra 400 bills. I am so excited. I feel like a little kid waiting for X-mas.

And a big THANK YOU for the ride. I really had a good time and enjoyed your company!

The video is pretty bouncy. When I leave here I am going to look for some video editing software so I can make a post of the ride. All new territory for me.

Thanks again Stevo!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Good for you! I also married an awesome woman, but she only makes me buy new clothes... which isn't nearly as exciting :).
    Yeah, wifes are great! I'm also blessed because she buys all my clothes for me. She loves to shop. Go figure. And I hate it. So she will buy stuff on line. It shows up care of Brown. I try it on. If I/we like it and it's a fit I'm done. It's just that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    I was laughing as I was reading your post.... My wife said close to the same thing to me. "Quit researching and over thinking all this and buy the damn bike!"

Speaking of the bike, we were VERY close there as well. Though I was deciding between a BLT and Heckler in the end.
    Currious? Which bike did you choose?

I'm going with the Heckler. The geometry of the bike sits me up just a bit more. Which I seem to prefer. And the frame is a bit beefier.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I ended up just buying my husband's new bike for him!!

congrats on the new bike!
    Hey Thanks!

Buying my clothes for me...oh yeah! Buying my bike for me...oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child

I'm going with the Heckler. The geometry of the bike sits me up just a bit more. Which I seem to prefer. And the frame is a bit beefier.
    I went with the Blur LT....LOVE IT.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Buying my clothes for me...oh yeah! Buying my bike for me...oh no!
    Heehee. I know him pretty well, watching him moon over the mags and websites.... I bought him a carbon Cervelo tri bike, AND then I bought him a Karate Monkey single speed frame for his 40th birthday!! I think I did OK. He's done with presents for a long time now! haha!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I went with the Blur LT....LOVE IT.....
    Beautiful bike!!! How fun!!

The video is pretty bouncy. When I leave here I am going to look for some video editing software so I can make a post of the ride. All new territory for me.
    Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? It is free and seems to be pretty easy to use. I have only played around with it a little bit, but it seems ok for casual use.

If you ever do anything with it, post it. I'd like to check it out.

Remember the pics of the bike when it shows up. I'm stoked for ya.