Thread: Man charged for farting

Man charged for farting

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_10555015

Air biscuit attack! Cops charge man for passing gas
    The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 09/25/2008 06:54:55 AM MDT

Posted: 6:53 AM- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A West Virginia man who police said passed gas and fanned it toward a patrolman has been charged with battery on a police officer.
    Jose A. Cruz, 34, of Clarksburg, was pulled over early Tuesday for driving without headlights, police said. According to the criminal complaint, Cruz smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and failed three field sobriety tests before he was handcuffed and taken to a police station for a breathalyzer test.
    As Patrolman T.E. Parsons prepared the machine, Cruz scooted his chair toward Parsons, lifted his leg and "passed gas loudly," the complaint said.
    Cruz, according to complaint, then fanned the gas toward the officer.
    "The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons," the complaint alleged.
    He was also charged with driving under the influence, driving without headlights and two counts of obstruction.
    Cruz acknowledged passing gas, but said he didn't move his chair toward the officer nor aim gas at the patrolman. He said he had an upset stomach at the time, but police denied his request to go to the bathroom when he first arrived at the station.
    "I couldn't hold it no more," he said.
    He also denied being drunk and uncooperative as the
    Advertisement

police complaint alleged. He added he was upset at being prepared for a breathalyzer test while having an asthma attack. The police statement said he later resisted being secured for a trip to a hospital that he requested for asthma treatment.
    Cruz said the officers thought the gas incident was funny when it happened and laughed about it with him.
    "This is ridiculous," he said. "I could be facing time."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This could so easily be me :)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    This could so easily be me :)

So let me get this straight.

You often get real drunk, drive around at night with your head lights off and thorw air bombs at the police when pulled over.

Me Too!

That's hillareous (did I spell that right? Vote here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13993 ).

With everything that is wrong with the world, police have time and resources to charge people with farting? I guess they have far too much time on their hands. If I were on the city council, I'd give them all a great big fat pay cut.