Thread: Bunchgrass Trail TR

Bunchgrass Trail TR

We ventured up Logan canyon yesterday morning to ride one of the better shuttle rides up the canyon. It was surprisingly warm at the Tony Grove trailhead at 8100 feet when we arrived at 8:00 am. The rain the previous night did a lot to settle down the dust, and the cattle have been moved out of the area!! We got rained on a bit and were in the middle of an impressive electrical storm. All around, a great day to be on a bike.

Getting ready at the trailhead

The leaves are starting to turn

Resting at the top, but not for very long as the storm rolled in

If anybody has a few hours to spare in Logan Canyon, I highly recommend this ride. 2.5 miles of modest climbing (750') followed by 8 miles of singletrack descending bliss (2500').

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow, that looks great!
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

How would this be as an out and back ride? Been thinking about doing that in the next couple of weeks?

I think it would be doable. There would be some stiff climbing to get all the way to White Pine Lake, but it would be a decent option if you don't have a shuttle vehicle. I've actually wanted to try it that way. If you are going to give it a shot let me know and we'll see if we can hook up for the ride. I know some people will park at the Tony Grove turnoff and then ride up the road (7 miles) to the trailhead, then do the ride as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether
    I think it would be doable. There would be some stiff climbing to get all the way to White Pine Lake, but it would be a decent option if you don't have a shuttle vehicle. I've actually wanted to try it that way. If you are going to give it a shot let me know and we'll see if we can hook up for the ride. I know some people will park at the Tony Grove turnoff and then ride up the road (7 miles) to the trailhead, then do the ride as described above.
    I've thought about doing the ride up Tony Grove road then down but I think I'd prefer the trail route. I'll pm or email you when I do this.

Also, I got your email about possibly riding the Stumpjumper you have for sale tonight up Green Canyon. I won't know if I can make it until later this afternoon. Weeknight rides are real hard for me to do this year. Got a lot on my work plate. I'll let you know by 3:00ish if I can make it. And Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilether
    I did this ride a few years ago parking at the Tony Grove lot and riding up the road at the end of the ride. It was a great ride. I'd do it again.