Thread: Great Saturday Ride

Great Saturday Ride

I think I found another favorite trail. Yesterday, my brother in-law and I rode cottonwood creek up Diamond Fork Canyon. It's listed on www.utahmountainbiking.com as a 16 mile loop ride known as the Three Forks Loop but we just did it as an out and back. We rode up to a creek about five miles up, took a nice break, and then rode back down. When I was riding up, I had no idea that the downhill would be so much fun. Good single track with plenty of fun little hoppers over rocks and roots.

If you happen to check it out, remember to stay high on the trail on the way down. Around some of the blind corners, a lower track would put you in extreme danger of going off of the trail and down to the creek, rocks and foliage below.

Strangely, we ran in to three separate couples that had gotten lost in their quest for the hot pots. It makes me wonder how many people hike all the way up to Rays Valley Road before they realize that their on the wrong trail. I always find it a good idea to actually read the signs that I pass when hiking or biking but, to each their own.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this little gem with you. I really like the ride up to the hot pots but I like this one a lot more. Zero traffic aside from the lost hikers as opposed to the great masses hiking up to the springs. It's one of those rides that keep you smiling all night long.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Did you take any pics of this ride, sounds great!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Yeah, but just a couple on my cell phone. I need to start bringing the digital camera along with me.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

I rode this one again yesterday. Not nearly as colorful as the last time but still a ton of fun. There was a little bit of cow poo on the trail and a few post holes, but nothing that would affect the enjoyment of the ride. I don't know how many miles we rode but we had a around 45-50 minutes of blissful downhill- running at a pretty good clip.
    I took some pics but most of them turned out like crap because I couldn't figure out how to turn off the auto-flash. Unfortunately, I didn't take a pics of the tech stuff, but I promise there was a fair amount of it;
    Attached Images Attached Images            

I'm surprised the lost hikers didnt see the little signs 'beyond this point are nude sunbathers' - that would have gotten them to the right hotsprings . This is a great treail to bomb down - Fourtycal and I have done it a few times but not for a year or so. Time to go back!