Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hippies Crying Over Dead Trees (really!)

Hippies Crying Over Dead Trees (really!)

(Sorry for the link- I still can't figure out how to embed video)

I love trees just as much as the next outdoor lover, but c'mon, are these folks serious? My question to them is: If a tree-loving, crying hippie falls out of a tree in the forest would anybody hear it? More importantly, would anybody care?
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, that's a little too much. Looks like they really have nothing important to cry about.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Are you kidding? Is that some sort of not funny parody? Come on, what's the punch line?

No punch-line- these folks are for real.
    Are we there yet?

the extreme environmentalist group Earth First! exists exactly because of the attitude you have and the attitude much of this country has had since the europeans have come here.

and these "tree loving hippies" as you call them are part of one of the most aggressive environmental organization in the world. they do far more than morn trees.

I don't disagree with the point of preserving the environment - you know that about me. I just find their methods to be annoying and pretentious.

PSYCHOS!!!

This kind of makes me miss my old wood burning fireplace.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

It's obvious their cries are over a bigger issue; environment preservation. It's a little over the top for sure (the sobbing) but their intentions are good. It actually made me think that sometime soon I may head out into the wild and scream at the top of my lungs. I bet it's cleansing!

Ummmmmmmm....I think there might be some emotional and mental instability here. I think for the most part all Americans care about the environment - some on a deeper level than others. But to scream and mourn dead trees is a manifestation of something other than just a mere concern for the environment.

I'm guessing the average shrink would find this behavior "abnormal," and so do I.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah, who doesn't like pretty trees, honestly?

These chicks don't like bush but sure like the wood.

In my opinion, Earth First! Does a lot of things just for publicity/attention. This is probably one of them.

Although everyone on this site probably knows I support things like wilderness, in my opinion Earth First! isn't the best group to get involved with. Most (all) of the

of course it's abnormal, rock, but I'd say you're reaching by suggesting mental instability. you'd need to know the people to say that.

this group is one of the most extreme environmental groups in human existence, y'all don't honestly believe you can measure their mentality and actions in terms of your own without them appearing dramatically skewed. they have (and in some cases want to have) more of a concern for the environment than most people are willing to allow themselves.

sure it's easy to call them crazy, but just because they are wiliing to push the boundaries on caring about and trying to protect the environment doesn't make them mentally unstable.

Personally, they can do what they want. But the question for me is Does something like this help their cause?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    sure it's easy to call them crazy, but just because they are wiliing to push the boundaries on caring about and trying to protect the environment doesn't make them mentally unstable.

Uh... yeah it does.

Yeah, I saw this video awhile back and felt pretty ashamed for them. Such silliness.

I would even consider myself quite the tree hugger in many respects, but c'mon!

How cheesy does it get?

I couldn't stop laughing after I saw this video for the first time.

They actually have to yell into the air to reassure themselves why they're there.

I wonder how they stay warm at night. Heaven forbid they have a campfire or burn some fossil fuels.

I know, animal hide.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Don't misunderstand, I'm not outright labeling them "a bunch of krazies," just suggesting that there might be something there that's not quite right. Ya gotta admit, this kind of behavior is neither normal nor healthy.

Though I do admit that they are probably doing it more for the attention than anything.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

What if one were to come upon them. I would probably leave once I heard the screaming and call the authorities.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Looks and sounds kind of like a real bad acid trip.

Let this be an example...don't do heavy drugs man, when your not in a happy frame of mind.