Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 380 LCP

Ruger 380 LCP

I just bought one of these Guns Kent's in Ogden just got 100 of them in Friday and when I left the building they only had 8 left, he said they would be gone by the end of the day.

Does anybody else have one of these little guns?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet little gun there I have been looking for one but all I find are waiting lists (or Dougs shooting sports who had never heard of it but had a Keltec they would sell me )

I guess they are popular!

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    Sweet little gun there I have been looking for one but all I find are waiting lists (or Dougs shooting sports who had never heard of it but had a Keltec they would sell me )

I guess they are popular!
    That is what I have heard to somehow I got lucky as hell in getting it. One of the guys at work waited on Impact Guns list for 6 months to get his.

Kents Sports is having a shipment come in tomorrow of them, (for there Ruger Days) but they expect them to be gone very quick, and will not hold them for anybody.

It sounds like the only thing you can do is get on the waiting list to get one, or call the gun shops down in the slc area and see if they are having a Ruger Day's and getting a large shippment in thereself.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I don't have that one. I bought the wife (for her CCW purse-popper) a Beretta Tomcat .32. Coupled that with some decent hollow-points and an extra magazine.

Not to be rude (just curious), what's the advantage of the Ruger -v- any other small caliber?

For my CCW, I went with the Springfield XD .40 short-barrel. I got the extended mag. with it, so it can be used just like a full sized.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    I don't have that one. I bought the wife (for her CCW purse-popper) a Beretta Tomcat .32. Coupled that with some decent hollow-points and an extra magazine.

Not to be rude (just curious), what's the advantage of the Ruger -v- any other small caliber?

For my CCW, I went with the Springfield XD .40 short-barrel. I got the extended mag. with it, so it can be used just like a full sized.
    Nothing really, I chose the 380 LCP for a couple reasons

1. Price
    2. It is made in USA
    3. The Ruger name
    4. I had good luck with my other Ruger (P94DC 9mm)

I don't have my CCW yet, but am taking a class on Tuesday then I just have to wait for the state do there paper work thing and I am good to carry

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce

Nothing really, I chose the 380 LCP for a couple reasons

1. Price
    2. It is made in USA
    3. The Ruger name
    4. I had good luck with my other Ruger (P94DC 9mm)

I don't have my CCW yet, but am taking a class on Tuesday then I just have to wait for the state do there paper work thing and I am good to carry
    Okay. Understood and thanks for the response.

I've had my CCW for ~14 years now. Seems they're giving them away like candy these days. (that's not a bad thing).

"An Armed Society, is a Polite Society!"

Kents Sports is having a shipment come in tomorrow of them, (for there Ruger Days) but they expect them to be gone very quick, and will not hold them for anybody.
    I called or visited all of the gun stores in the valley, some had never heard of it some had a waiting list and some said they could not get it.

Called Kent's this morning at 9:30am, they said "we have 18 left and are selling 1 every 2 minutes" They did have the 50th anniversary ruger Bearcat that I have been wanting so I went. I ended up getting an LCP, one of 5 left, the sweet little bearcat, last one(ruger only made 1500 of this edition they told me), and a free ruger hat since it was ruger days!

I called or visited all of the gun stores in the valley, some had never heard of it some had a waiting list and some said they could not get it.

Called Kent's this morning at 9:30am, they said "we have 18 left and are selling 1 every 2 minutes" They did have the 50th anniversary ruger Bearcat that I have been wanting so I went. I ended up getting an LCP, one of 5 left, the sweet little bearcat, last one, and a free ruger hat since it was ruger days!

Glad to hear you got yourself one, they are a great little gun, I just wonder how they got so many of them(around 130) in a weeks time. 3 of the guys from work went over and got one. They said they had 30 of them to start out with.

Kent's is my new favorite gun and bike shop! They have two of my favorite sports covered

I've heard mixed things about the ruger, but I generally like the brand. Let me know what you think of it.

It's very similar to my Keltec

I have only put 50 rounds through it and I have not had a problem. At first I didn't like the fact that it don't have a safety, but after shooting it and pulling the trigger I don't think there is really any way you could have an accidental discharge it has a very long trigger pull. Overall I think it is a great little gun.

I have only put 50 rounds through it and I have not had a problem. At first I didn't like the fact that it don't have a safety, but after shooting it and pulling the trigger I don't think there is really any way you could have an accidental discharge it has a very long trigger pull. Overall I think it is a great little gun.
    Also like the keltec, interesting how similar they are.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I've heard mixed things about the ruger, but I generally like the brand. Let me know what you think of it.

I had a Keltec P-11 at one time, it was such a poor quality gun that I swore to never buy that brand again.
    I guess maybe mine was built on a Monday because I have heard some good reports on the brand since then. I have always liked Rugers, had good luck with the first seven and this little one seemed to have good reviews just like the Keltec P3AT did. I can hardly wait to shoot it

Quote Originally Posted by jumar

I had a Keltec P-11 at one time, it was such a poor quality gun that I swore to never buy that brand again.
    I guess maybe mine was built on a Monday because I have heard some good reports on the brand since then. I have always liked Rugers, had good luck with the first seven and this little one seemed to have good reviews just like the Keltec P3AT did. I can hardly wait to shoot it
    I've pretty much stuck to a few brands:

Walther (yes, I really like the P99)
    Beretta (the military started me on the 9mm)
    Springfield

I just haven't liked much else. When your hands are as large as mine, the choice is more difficult to make.

I just bought my LCP on friday at Kent's Too. Shot it this weekend and was suprised of the 3 inch grouping I got at 25 feet. I had a few shots touching each other. I bet there would even be a better grouping if I was a better pistol shooter. Anyways I was extremely impressed.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    I just bought my LCP on friday at Kent's Too. Shot it this weekend and was suprised of the 3 inch grouping I got at 25 feet. I had a few shots touching each other. I bet there would even be a better grouping if I was a better pistol shooter. Anyways I was extremely impressed.
    Glad to hear you like it

fourtycal, have you tried yours out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP
    Glad to hear you like it

fourtycal, have you tried yours out yet?
    Not yet, I just threw it on my keychain and put it in my pocket

I saw davis's gun sunday. My, what a pocket pistol. I didn't shoot it, but it seems that it would be awfully uncomfortable to shoot.

Just my opinion, but looking forward to putting a few holes in some paper....
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I put 50 rounds through mine. It was not at all uncomfortable, the 380 doesn't kick too much and even with the double action trigger it was smooth with a clean sear, nice shooter too, It was hitting low so I had to take a full bead but after that it was flinging soda cans and hit whatever I pointed at.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

That's a sweet little setup man.