Thread: Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time

Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4261765

Officers unknowingly responded to an armed robbery in Saratoga Springs this morning.

At about 4:15 a.m., the officers went to the Top Stop convenience store to gas up their car. At the same time, a man was inside robbing the store at gunpoint. When he saw the police, the suspect, Raymond F. Kohlman, got on his ATV to leave the scene.

The unsuspecting officer, who was still unaware of the robbery, attempted to stop Kohlman for operating his ATV on a public roadway, a traffic violation. Kohlman tried to flee, and a chase ensued. At about the same time the chase began, officers received a call from dispatch, letting them know about the robbery.

Kohlman rode through yards, fields and off roadways, but eventually, his ATV became high-centered and he was taken into custody.

Kohlman was interviewed by investigators from the Saratoga Springs Police Department and subsequently booked into the Utah County Jail. He was charged with aggravated robbery and other related charges.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Gotta love stupid thieves, they make for good comedy.
    Chere'

Re: Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time

Quote Originally Posted by KAH
    his ATV became high-centered
    One hell of an ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Gotta love stupid thieves, they make for good comedy.
    They sure do

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    When I had my business back in New Orleans, someone tried to rob my cashier one night around 2 am. He was quite drunk, walked/staggered up to the window of the kiosk and said to the cashier, "This is a stick-up"! He then proceeded to pull a paper bag over his head. However, he had cut little eye-holes out in the bag, but they were too low, so the "robber" had to keep holding the bag up with one hand so he could see out of the eye holes. Well, the cashier, who was safely locked inside the bullet proof kiosk, proceeds to call 911 while the "robber" is standing there (weaving back and forth). He sees she's on the phone so he takes off back to his car which he has left running on the far side of the parking lot.....but......he locked the door with the car running, so he was locked out. He tried to take off on foot, but by that time, the police were pulling into the location and needless to say, he was apprehended on the premises. I always thought I should submit this to the tv show "America's Dumbest Criminals".
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Nice one Savanna. If only all criminals were so dumb.

My favorite dumb criminal scene was either on Cops or one of those high speed chases shows where a guy was running away from the cops and tried to bail out of the car while it was moving. He was in poor luck because he jumped right into a telephone pole and got knocked out cold, heh. It was recorded on the cam in the cruiser and you could hear the cops chuckle.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow

My favorite dumb criminal scene was either on Cops or one of those high speed chases shows where a guy was running away from the cops and tried to bail out of the car while it was moving. He was in poor luck because he jumped right into a telephone pole and got knocked out cold, heh. It was recorded on the cam in the cruiser and you could hear the cops chuckle.
    I hear "dumb criminal scene" and I think of this clip from Reno 911; http://virgotex.wordpress.com/2007/0...s-of-escaping/

Classic Patton Oswald
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow

I've seen that! Classic. My favorite was replayed on a movie I think it was Snatch but can't recall now. Anyways, the robber goes in to a bank and robs the place. But then these huge walls pop up and safely protect the banker. So the siren is going off and and the robber tries to leave but he is pushing the door the wrong direction! He keeps pushing and begging and threatening to get out. Then a customer walks right in the door. LOL. Of course he realizes he should have pulled the door instead of pushed and leaves.

And here it is!! Thank you you tube!!!

love the internets. Here is the winner [/img]http://www.utahcountyonline.org/Dept....asp?id=219265
    The man thong is wrong.