Thread: Amethyst Lake TR

Amethyst Lake TR

Last year I hiked into Ryder Lake out of Christmas Meadows, south of Evanston, Wyoming. At that time I thought it might be nice to return and hike into Amethyst Lake up the Ostler Fork Trail. This weekend seemed to be the right time to try it. While I have not hiked a lot of the Uinta trails this one seemed to be typical of what I have hiked-rocky with boggy places on the trail! Amethyst Lake was lovely and I had a great hike. Up near Ostler Peak it had frozen and as the sun was warming the rock I could hear what sounded like pretty big rockfalls every 5 to 10 minutes,
    I saw several moose hunters on the way in and saw 3 people at the lake. I didn't see anyone else until I was hiking out. Beautiful weather and a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice pics. Five years ago I did an overnighter there, it was my first time in the Uintas. Such a beautiful place. Been in that area a couple more times, but never saw that much water before.

Beautiful hike, great pictures. Thanks.

Beautiful place, nice pix.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Awesome thanks, every time I go up there it's covered in snow still. Cool to see it in early fall.

Excellent report. Thanks.

Man, that is gorgeous!

Very cool. It's time I head up there. I've been to Allsop lake many times, just the other fork from here.

Beautiful. I've been up there once, and that was in the 1970s. I need to go back.

Great photos and report

Thanks for the pics. I have been there once before, when my wife and I were first married. Kind of a "honeymoon" trip for us. We had the entire basin to ourselves. Thanks for the pics. Beautiful!
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

Nice report!!! I was up there two years ago with the wifey and had a great time. If you want a good fish dinner, make sure you fish Ostler Lake.