Thread: Desolation Lake \ Mill D

Desolation Lake \ Mill D

(WARNING: This was just copied and pasted from my family website. It may not be interesting to you)

This picture was taken at the top of "Puke Hill". I now know why it is named as such.

This is the other side of the same hill top:

I had no idea how soon I'd take a bad fall after this picture:

I was farther from the trail here, than it seems, and this picture doesn't capture at all how steep the hill was that I went down. I REALLY appreciated Ben getting my bike for me and carrying it up the hill:

Ben not only fixed my bike after my fall but also took a fall of his own to make me feel better:

Desolation Lake:

Helmet cam:

Ben just couldn't stop making me feel better about my fall:

It was a great trip, and we had a lot of fun! I got really lucky when I stopped to take a picture of my brothers (after an area with several jumps) and when I started to go again realized that my back tired had completely come off (it was a result from my fall from an hour earlier. All the jumps had finally loosened the tire the rest of the way).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, my front disc locked up, so I removed the tire and put it back on and I was back in business. I had never done the ride and couldn't believe how great it was! It was fantastic. I definitely want to hit this trail again next year during the spring or early summer when there are still wild flowers blooming.

I need to get down that way and ride some of this stuff. This looks like a great ride.

Awesome!!! Did anybody make puke hill?

No, I was doing alright but I had this banana just before I started and I was about 2/3 of the way of the hill and decided to force the banana out of my system. My brothers were aways behind me because one of them has not been biking since we left him for dead on this horrible biking trip in Moab 12 years ago. So his twin was careful to stick with him and just walk the hill in hopes of getting him to come back with us.

My brother who is seen fallen over here at the end was the only one of us that really could have made it.

Yeah that hill is friggin' INSANE!!

Why Discgo~ I did not know you are a mountain biker! Looks like a great ride and a fun time had by all. I've only ridden that trail once, you've got me motivated to do it again!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Why Discgo~ I did not know you are a mountain biker!
    My problem Tree, is that I love everything. I have always wished that I could be "filled" by one activity, but my attention span leaves me all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Why Discgo~ I did not know you are a mountain biker!
    My problem Tree, is that I love everything. I have always wished that I could be "filled" by one activity, but my attention span leaves me all over the place.
    Me too, Jack of all Trades, Master of None. Too much fun to be had!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost