Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sushi-fest

All you can eat for an hour? Guess I got a little spoiled at the Sushi Ya in Orem. No time limit. Still a lot closer so it will definitely get a visit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpiler_Utahn
    All you can eat for an hour? Guess I got a little spoiled at the Sushi Ya in Orem. No time limit. Still a lot closer so it will definitely get a visit.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Now I wonder if it's an hour with waiting time while they prepare it and bring it to you or is there a buffet, heh. I was planning to go there this evening but I have a friend visiting so it got postponed until tomorrow afternoon.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I stopped by Simply Sushi today for lunch and I am happy to report that it is a decent little place. It is also surprisingly inexpensive as far as Sushi is concerned.
    The all you can eat deal is $14.95 until 3 p.m. (lunch) and you can choose from a dozen of different Sushi Nigri options or hand and long rolls. It's $19.95 after 3 p.m. (dinner) but your all you can eat option is expanded by "deluxe dinner long rolls" including the Caterpillar Roll :-)
    The all you can eat deal is actually for 1 hour only but I promise you can stuff yourself very nicely in that time. I went traditional with spicy tuna/avocado, salmon/avocado and San Francisco rolls, and salmon and upside down shrimp nigri.
    On the down side, after opening in June they're still waiting for their liquor license so no Sake or imported beers Apparently it is very hard to get a liquor license in Utah The girl I spoke to said they hope to have one by the end of the year, heh.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Yep, 6:30 on the 1st of October at Takashi's.

The following folks expressed their desire to attend:
    Blueeyes (plus 2, possibly 4 from Meet In), Alex, Acca (hopes to make it), Mtnman1830, BruteForce and KapitanSparrow. That's 8 - 10 souls. We definately need a reservation. Let's confirm everything for the last time a week before the day and make a reservation then. Meanwhile, all are welcome to join us!

October 23 is the next meeting with Cirrus2000 and Gutpiler_Utahn in planned attendance. Alison too, if she buys her ticket well in advance, heh.
    Reservations is an excellent idea. So anyone who is going to come must chime in before Fri Sept 26th. I will call and make reservations on Saturday.

For sure from here:

Me
    Alex
    Mtnman1830
    BruteForce
    KapitanSparrow

Maybe:
    Acca

For sure from Meet In:

Laurie
    Lori
    Lee
    Kayln

Maybe:
    Mike
    Marlies

Even if you want to come but think you might be a bit late that is ok, just let Kapitan and I know by this coming Fri. Welcome to bring friends of course.
    Chere'

Looks like we might have quite a group

My wife scheduled my boys b-day party for Wednesday because we had conflicts on Saturday. I hate to miss it, take pictures and give a full write up.

Cool Alex! The more of us Bogleyites the better. Do we have any other "foreigners" that would like to join us?
    I feel like a foreigner on this board, being a tree hugger and all! :-) I may be able to make it...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Cool Alex! The more of us Bogleyites the better. Do we have any other "foreigners" that would like to join us?
    I feel like a foreigner on this board, being a tree hugger and all! :-) I may be able to make it...
    Do try to make it :-) We will not treat you any differently than we will other foreigners, heh.

I am looking forward to this. Never having sushi before, I am sure I am in for an experience.

I will need some advice on what to get...

Then you can watch my reaction when I eat it.

Sounds like fun
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I just want to confirm that I'm going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I am looking forward to this. Never having sushi before, I am sure I am in for an experience.

I will need some advice on what to get...

Then you can watch my reaction when I eat it.

Sounds like fun
    I am excited, there is a girl from Meet In who has never had sushi either. Virgin sushi eaters!! Love the reactions.

Took a friend a couple months back, she hated it... gave it good effort... just not her cup of tea. She is definately a meat and potatoes gal.
    Chere'

We'll fill them with sake first, sort of to put their guard down, heh.

I have been going to a sushi place in American Fork for about 6 months or so. I think they have been open about that long. It is called Yapona. Some of my peeps designed their website and did most of the photography. Really good stuff! I just went yesterday and got the Salmon Crunch Roll: www.yapona.com

I haven't been paying attention to this thread, thanks for the General Discussion notification.
    I guess you'll find out tomorrow, but don't think Takashi's takes reservations.
    Also, can I get on the list? I'm always down for Sushi.

Josh wants to come too.

Of course you can join, Don. Everyone is welcome.

Final Guest Count 18

For sure from Bogley

Me
    Alex
    Mtnman1830
    BruteForce
    KapitanSparrow
    Don
    Josh
    Treehugger

For sure from Meet In:

Laurie & Greg
    Lori
    Kayln
    Nick
    Brett
    R. Mark
    Kathy

Maybe:
    Mike
    Sare

Time: 6:30PM
    Date: Wednesday October, 1st
    Place: Takashi

18 W Market St
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101
    Chere'

I'm a maybe!! :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

gotcha... hope ya can make it
    Chere'

HEY!! I have been off in LALA (vegas) land but I WANT TO COME! I can be there