Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sushi-fest

I will join you two as well

So there was a Pollack, a Russian and a blue eyed eating sushi.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool Alex! The more of us Bogleyites the better. Do we have any other "foreigners" that would like to join us?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Cool Alex! The more of us Bogleyites the better. Do we have any other "foreigners" that would like to join us?
    I'm afraid you and I are it man. Slovaks FTW!

I put it on my calendar. I hope I can make it.

Flights are running about $400 so sorry guys.......I can't make it. HAHA!!

mmmmm... sushi. Takashi is good, better than Ichiban for sure in my opinion. I like the Magic Dragon (eel roll), the Carribean (spicy mixed with sweet Mango... yumm) and don't miss the Summit Roll, one of the best rolls in Utah (listed under Nigiri rolls on the menu, separate from the regular rolls). Wish I could go but I'll be down south doing canyons.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    mmmm the spicey mango one sounds yummy! I can't wait.

Shaggy hopefully you can make it to the next one.

So there are 2 for sure people from Meet In and 2 Maybes so far.
    Chere'

I have never had sushi before, but why not try it out among a bunch of Bogleyites?

I will have to keep an eye on this so I know when and where to show up.

If it is end of the week, though, I have to be at work at 6pm. For myself, Ogden would be better. If I take the night off, I may have to try sake.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

We might have quite a turn out. Do we need a reservation then?

Mtnman1830 I think we decided on Takashi but see if you can make it.

Now if you were talking the 23rd of September, I'd be there.

Ahh Sushi has half price rolls everyday for lunch and on Wednesdays too. I quite like it. It's a private club, but memberships are cheap. Right downtown, on 1st south between Main & State, almost directly under the Deseret News building. I think Wednesdays are $4.00 schooners too.

If you're ever in Spokane, WA, stop by Sushi.com downtown. They do it right. I don't think they own the domain name though.

Have fun y'all.

For Sushi haters, they have regular meals as well (steak and chicken) that are actually pretty cheap.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I LOVE SUSHI! I worked (commuted) in California (right off PCH between Santa Cruz and Monterrey) for two years, and other than Mexican food, Sushi was my meal 4 days/week.

Can I join in?

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    I LOVE SUSHI! I worked (commuted) in California (right off PCH between Santa Cruz and Monterrey) for two years, and other than Mexican food, Sushi was my meal 4 days/week.

Can I join in?
    We'll be happy to have you join us Brute.

The sushi place is called Takashi and its located at:

18 W Market St
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Here's a link to a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...,0.054932&z=14

So, the first of October, 6:30pm... Is that the set date? I could make that.
    Need to take time off work for my birthday.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Yep, 6:30 on the 1st of October at Takashi's.

The following folks expressed their desire to attend:
    Blueeyes (plus 2, possibly 4 from Meet In), Alex, Acca (hopes to make it), Mtnman1830, BruteForce and KapitanSparrow. That's 8 - 10 souls. We definately need a reservation. Let's confirm everything for the last time a week before the day and make a reservation then. Meanwhile, all are welcome to join us!

October 23 is the next meeting with Cirrus2000 and Gutpiler_Utahn in planned attendance. Alison too, if she buys her ticket well in advance, heh.

You folks got me droolin over here. lol I tried to work it out, but the 1st is out for me. I'll make it to the 23rd though. I'd like to the that Simply Sushi place.

Yeah, this all you can eat deal at Simply Sushi has me pondering all the time. I think I'm gonna hit it either tomorrow or this weekend for sure.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Mmmm guess where I went tonight up here in Jackson. You got it I had sushi at Nikai.

Kapitan, I had cold sake that was fantastic, so smooth and warmed the soul! I got to try three different sake's and I couldn't make up my mind which was the best.

I am a happy camper tonight!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Mmmm guess where I went tonight up here in Jackson. You got it I had sushi at Nikai.

Kapitan, I had cold sake that was fantastic, so smooth and warmed the soul! I got to try three different sake's and I couldn't make up my mind which was the best.

I am a happy camper tonight!
    I remember, as far as cold sake was concerned, there used to be regular "milky" sake, "sparkling" sake sort of like champagne, and "crystal clear", the most refined sake out there. Ahhhh, f-this, I'm going to Simply Sushi tomorrow, although they probably don't serve Sake, heh.

Found a little review of the Simply Sushi joint. It's not straight to the point but eventually does give you an idea what to expect, heh:

I came back to West Jordan this weekend to pick Scott up and while I was here we decided that since he had worked so hard all week, we would treat ourselves to dinner. Scott had his heart set on sushi and had bragging to his co-workers all day that that was what he was having for dinner. He told me that he didn't want to be a liar and so he said that he would like it if that's what we did. I have to admit, that's what I wanted for dinner. When I was here last weekend, I went with my mom to Smith's in WJ and they have added a new strip mall next to the grocery store. I noticed that they put in a place called Simply Sushi: All you can eat sushi. So I told Scott about it, and we decided we wanted to try it. We've tried many places around the valley and have had some great sushi. When we went to this place, we walked in and the people running it looked Polynesian. Scott mumbled "Just what I was afraid of." You see, most of the time the really good sushi is made by Asian people. It's not that we have anything against Polynesians, we really love them, we were just worried about the quality of the sushi. The only place to sit was at the sushi bar, so we sat next to a cute little family. We decided to go with the all you can eat, which gives you an hour to eat all that you can. We ordered some sushi and it was heaven! We were so impressed with the sushi and with the service. I don't think I've ever eaten at a place with such friendly service. We were so pleasantly surprised! We left full and knowing that it was a good thing that we moved to Price, we would be regulars in that place. So if you like sushi (which we understand that most don't) we fully recommend this place. It was a great experience.