Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sushi-fest

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Sushi-fest

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Or non-athletic get togethers in general - we're planning a Sushi-fest next. Concerts are great fun but not the best place to talk.
    So Kapitan when are we going to plan the Sushi-fest? Mmmm Sushi and Saki!

I don't know the Sushi places in SL very well, I have eaten at Ichiban Sushi and it was ok. I did like the atmosphere. The other place I ate was down by Market Street grill, I don't recall the name. Ok too.

I know Tona's in Ogden is the bomb when it comes to sushi!

Who is intereseted in joining the Sushi-fest? What night is best?
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

October 23 would work for me.

Yeah, I know it's a long way off, but that's about when I'll be passing through...

Mmmmm, sushi....... Pardon my pomposity, but Vancouver has some amazing sushi. It's everywhere here (a search of "Vancouver BC sushi" on Google Maps comes up with over 1600 hits!), and of incredible quality. Something to do with ethnic diversity and being on the ocean? Mmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    October 23 would work for me.
    October 23rd will probably the second annual Bogley sushi fest, heh. I think we can do it on the 23rd of October also but us locals should probably meet sooner. I'm good pretty much any night. Come on folks, step up, lets hear your ideas and dates you're available.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

The best nights for me are either Wed or Sat. Friday would be ok, but I usually don't get off work until 9PM.

How about Oct 1st or the 4th right after pay day.

And Oct 23rd for the second time, I will make it work.
    Chere'

I'm fine with either 1st or 4th. Who else is willing to meet with us? I know we have a bunch of sushi lovers here! What's your favorite roll and sake Blueeyes? I like the traditional salmon/avocado and spicy tuna. No preference for sake, but cold sake rocks.

I like my sake warm.

As for the rolls, I like them spicey. My favorite is the Green Globe, crab and raw fish (i don't remember what fish they use) in a ball with thin slices of avocado all around it. YUMMMY. It is truly and orgasim in your mouth. I have a staunch LDS friend who loves sushi as much as me and she whole heartedly agrees with my description of the Green Globe. My second favorite is called a Volcano, spicey agian, eel and yummy spicey sauces.

I just like sushi!

Ok so Oct 1st. If the rest of Bogley doesn't want to join, I will ask Meet In they have a bunch of sushi lovers on that forum too. Only thing is it will have to be in SL cuz they won't travel to Ogden. TOO FAR they say.

Where do you like to get sushi? I want to try a new place that I haven't been to yet.
    Chere'

I just may have to catch a cheap flight to SLC for this (prob cheaper than gas)............All ready salivating.

I guess you must Alison.

As far as a place, I've been to a couple but have no favorites. I think I have one bookmarked at work so I'll check its name tomorrow. But I'm fine with any place you wanna try out.

Alison, that would be awesome!

Ok so I asked if anyone on Meet In would be interested in going and what they suggest.

Guess we could do a monthly sushi-fest and try a new place each month.

So place is TBA on OCT 1st at 6:30 PM.
    Chere'

Ahhh disss! If only I lived closer to you guys. Hot Saki is the bomb! I've never had Green Globe, sounds yummy. I dig caterpillar rolls which have octopus and eels too, probably pretty close. If you guys ever come to STG lemme know. We only have two sushi bars in town but they are both decent.

Or Vegas... I'm there 2x a week and can make arrangements.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Guess we could do a monthly sushi-fest and try a new place each month.
    At such pace we should be good for a couple of years. Then we will have to venture out to faraway places like St. George or Colorado in search of new Sushi joints. Caterpillar roll looks very good. But for me anything with avocado looks good

I went to a new sushi place called Simply Sushi in West Jordan the other day. It was on Redwood Rd and 7200 South. It is on the south end of the strip mall on the east side of the road. They had a great deal on all you can eat sushi and it was REALLY good. You'll have to check it out KapitanSparrow and give us a report.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I went to a new sushi place called Simply Sushi in West Jordan the other day. It was on Redwood Rd and 7200 South. It is on the south end of the strip mall on the east side of the road. They had a great deal on all you can eat sushi and it was REALLY good. You'll have to check it out KapitanSparrow and give us a report.
    Thanks for the tip. What's the damage on the all you can eat option? I might just sneak out there before our Sushi-fest

I think it was like 13 bones. I thought it was well worth it.

Thanks, Acca. I've been trying to find that place for weeks. (not searching too hard though. )

I'm up for some sushi. I'll try almost anything but my fiancee is strict in her veggie rolls. That's ok... More fish for me. I don't know about the Oct 1st/4th, but the 23rd is on for me.

So far the suggestions are

Mikado's - pricey and I think they are associated with Ichiban so not my choice

Takashi - recommended by someone who's opinion i trust

Cirle Lounge - guess they have awesome jazz

Simply Sushi - sounds like good value

The date is for sure OCT 1st and of course we will go again OCT 23rd.

So which place do you want to try???
    Chere'

I say let's go with Takashi which sounds really interesting. I could not find a menu for them, the site listed is some artsy thing. I might try out the Simply Sushi place before Oct. 1 and will let everyone know how it is like.
    What do others think?

Takashi it is!

Wednesday October 1st at 6:30PM

Do you have an address for that place Kapitan?
    Chere'

Sure do:

18 W Market St
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Here's a link to a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...,0.054932&z=14

That is the one next to the Martini bar, I have eaten there that is good!

Ok very well I am excited! Love sushi!!
    Chere'