Thread: Insomnia anyone?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Insomnia anyone?

Just curious as to how many of you experience insomnia? I have the occasional bout - such as tonight. Seems like I am having it more frequent lately though. I'm not one who likes to take pills and such, so I just deal with it and catch up on stuff.......like Bogley posts.

Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am up too Savannah. I have been awake since about 4am I am getting ready to hike Flag rock with friends. I hate alarm clocks so bad, I refuse to use one. So I just wake up x-tra early and wait for time to get up. 9-11 is an emotional day for me alot of other personal things happened on that day so I tend to commemorate them all together. I'll post some pics tonight.
    See you on the Trail

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I haven't slept well in at least 3 weeks. I'm averaging 2-3 hours/night since that time frame.

I'm sure it's stress and work related.

My job keeps me awake.....most of the time.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I am up & at work.
    I just got home from work :)
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Wow what a variety of times to be posting. I also have been suffering from insomnia but I think that is normal when you are leaving a job you like for the unknown of a different job.

I only have trouble sleeping when I really need the sleep! It seems like whenever I have a big day ahead of me, I lay awake in bed the night before and only get a few hours of sleep if I'm lucky. Thankfully I tend to function well with little sleep, but eventually when I'm able to relax again I just crash for 12 hours or so.
    Blog | FB

Funny you should mention sleep issues. Don't know if this sounds right, but over the last couple of weeks, I go to sleep but it's as if I can hear everything all night long and know where I am at every hour of the night? And of course being a woman, I have to get up and down to go PEE at least once. So it's like I never REALLY go to sleep? Am I turning into a vampire? Not sure. But then again, I'm out enough that I'm not actually awake to check Bogley, etc....so who the freak knows. But Savanna, I am with you on the no pill thing. Just makes you so groggy the next day and feeling icky.......I do however NEED MY COFFEE thru an IV preferably in the mornings. Sorry to here you had a bout of insomnia. Looks as if we have several peeps!

I average 3-4hrs of sleep a day. Something I've been doing for about 18 years

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I average 3-4hrs of sleep a day. Something I've been doing for about 18 years

A while back, I learned in a really awesome Anatomy and Physiology class that some people are genetically predisposed to how much sleep they need a night to function. Also it's been proven that some people perform better at night versus during the day...........etc......You must be walking proof of this JP. I too am a vampire.

I can believe that. I do just fine with three hours of sleep a day. I cannot see how people could sleep 8-10hrs. Man, that is a lot of a day wasted

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I can believe that. I do just fine with three hours of sleep a day. I cannot see how people could sleep 8-10hrs. Man, that is a lot of a day wasted
    Not if you're dreaming good stuff.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Not if you're dreaming good stuff.
    3-4hrs is good enough for me

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Funny you should mention sleep issues. Don't know if this sounds right, but over the last couple of weeks, I go to sleep but it's as if I can hear everything all night long and know where I am at every hour of the night? And of course being a woman, I have to get up and down to go PEE at least once. So it's like I never REALLY go to sleep? Am I turning into a vampire? Not sure. But then again, I'm out enough that I'm not actually awake to check Bogley, etc....so who the freak knows. But Savanna, I am with you on the no pill thing. Just makes you so groggy the next day and feeling icky.......I do however NEED MY COFFEE thru an IV preferably in the mornings. Sorry to here you had a bout of insomnia. Looks as if we have several peeps!
    Yep - I have to admit that the first thing I do is get the coffee going when I am starting my day. When I first moved to Salt Lake, I brought several cans of my favorite coffee from New Orleans (Cafe Du Monde French Market Coffee) so I wouldn't have to worry about it for awhile. To my surprise - and delight - I found that the local Albertson's carried it! If your spoon doesn't stand up in it, it ain't REAL coffee!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

No sleeping problems here: 6 - 8 hours is my average. I do always make sure once I wake up after 6 or 8 hours that I don't go back to sleep because that extra 15 minutes, half hour, hour always tires me out and I feel like crap, where before I felt fairly rested.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"