Thread: Zion conditions report

Zion conditions report

Took some noobs down to Zion, we did Das Boot and out the Subway. Das Boot was pretty full, lots of nice clean water and Das Jump was in prime condition and lots of fun. Subway was pretty much normal for this time of year and a blast as always! We also did Keyhole and Pine Creek both were pretty full with clean water. The cathedral isn't as full as I've seen it but still a swimmer and cold. The flooded hallway in Keyhole was long and cold as well. I didn't take my camera but my friends took theirs and I'm sure will post some on their blog. I can post a link when they do.

Eric.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We also had a group down in Zion last weekend.

Friday we did Echo Canyon. I advise not doing Echo right now unless you enjoy swimming in cold, putrid smelling pools. The water gets progressively more repulsive the further you get.

Saturday we did the Imlay Sneak Route. The water levels were 3-5 feet below the high water marks or tops of the potholes. The water felt warm and clean compared to the water in Echo (however, it definitely still warrants wetsuits). We had to hook twice to get out of keepers but we were able to partner assist or beach whale the others. A lot of the hook holes have been blown out or scraped flat at the bottom, so the hooking is a little more precarious and tenuous. Many of the existing holes need some work to regain utility for hooking purposes.

Sunday we did Spry. With the exception of the slide before the next to last rappel, all other water was either avoidable or less than knee deep (and warm). We did not use wetsuits for Spry.

so was the section of water you encoutered in spry- was that a swim, or just a wade higher than knee deep?
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

The last pool in Spry was about chest deep on me (I'm 6'3") and was about shoulder deep on my shorter partners. We all just stripped down to swimsuits & waded across. The water was pretty warm.