Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Like Ike

I Don't Like Ike

Gustav missed us, Hanna seems to be headed to my friend's area in NC and later to the Northeast, but Ike is taking dead aim. Unless something changes its path, Ike will pay us a visit next week. There's still time for it to turn north and miss the US totally. Let's hope for that.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's amazing that they're marching along like this. It wasn't that long ago we had a similar season. Just none of them got up to us.

JP, I don't think Hanna will do much damage in your area, unless heavy rains cause flooding. Hope you are on relatively high ground. Good luck.
    Stan

I'm on high enough ground. I'm kind of wanting a storm like this, we haven't had one in so long. The other one will be interesting as well.

I hope all goes well for you down there.

I hope all goes well for you down there. I have an aunt in Pinellas Park and she's just a few minutes walk from the beach...same level as the beach The only hurricane I was ever in was at her house & I can still remember things flying through the air & water everywhere

Thanks everyone. There is still a chance Ike will miss us, but then who will get it? Let's hope it turns north and misses the US entirely.
    Stan

We're getting some pretty heavy rain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    We're getting some pretty heavy rain right now.
    I'm sure. Maybe you should move upstairs.
    Stan

It stopped right now. We're getting pounded with rain later on today.

Left Philly at 2pm. Less than 20 folks on the normally fill flight. Little bumpy on the initial ascent, but smooth after that. An hour later landed under sunny skies in Raleigh. An hour after that was downtown in the midst of Raleigh Wide Open, a big outdoor celebration of the opening of the new convention center. Hard to believe hours earlier Hanna was passing thru. Will definitely be cutting the grass tomorrow.

I watched the game and saw how nice it was after the storm passed.
    Stan

It was pouring up here tonight and a little breezy Seems to have subsided a bit now

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Whats a good website to watch Ike (doppler)?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Whats a good website to watch Ike (doppler)?
    I use http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Track.aspx and http://www.stormpulse.com/.
    Stan

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Excellent thanks Stan

New York got soaked with Hanna rains on Saturday, but it brought beautiful weather on Sunday. Thanks Hanna!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Looks like Ike is going to Texas, after beating the sh*t out of Cuba. A friend has a condo in South Padre Island and took a hit earlier this year. I'd hate to see them get it again.
    Stan

Hanna

Saw Hanna up close and personal Saturday at the marina. She blew straight into Jackson Creek off the Chesapeake at about 50 kts. Tied and retied my boat several times as well as several others. Almost got my skinny ass blown off the dock a few times. Lotta strange sounds, very eerie. Yet very yarrgh.

My boat, Moonchild, made it through without a scratch as did all others under the watch of those of us stupid enough to hang around in the blast of the storm.

But it was beautiful looking into the storm, feeling the power of the wind, hearing all the sounds in Hanna's belly.

Again, YARRGH!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Re: Hanna

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Saw Hanna up close and personal Saturday at the marina. She blew straight into Jackson Creek off the Chesapeake at about 50 kts. Tied and retied my boat several times as well as several others. Almost got my skinny ass blown off the dock a few times. Lotta strange sounds, very eerie. Yet very yarrgh.

My boat, Moonchild, made it through without a scratch as did all others under the watch of those of us stupid enough to hang around in the blast of the storm.

But it was beautiful looking into the storm, feeling the power of the wind, hearing all the sounds in Hanna's belly.

Again, YARRGH!
    Nice lookin' tub rev.

Ike has its eye on Texas.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum