Thread: TR: 20080606 - UT, Zion Canyons

TR: 20080606 - UT, Zion Canyons

Catching up on some photos... Here are the pictures and trip report from my June Zion canyoneering trip. It started out by leading the Bogley NoobFest, and then I stayed the following week and ran a bunch of canyons solo. The trip report is a little long, and there are a bunch of photos; because it was a 10 day trip. You can get to it from my website:
    http://www.adventure-geek.com - under the "Trips" link on the left hand side of the page.

If you are only interested in this trip, you can go there directly from this link:
    http://www.adventure-geek.com/Trips/2008/20080606.htm (However, the navigation of the site is designed to go from the main www.adventure-
    geek.com page.)

Hope you enjoy the pictures and/or trip report!
    A.J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow! Good report man. So how long is full left fork then? 6 miles to trailhead you said, then I know das boot is about a mile and then regular subway is 9-10 miles. My gps always gives me funny readings on the hike out and never the same. So I'm guessing there is another 3-4 miles in between? So that could a 20 mile day for you on 2 hours sleep? You're insane or impressive I can't decide.

Very nice TR, thanks. Canyon season is starting up for me again, heading to Zion this weekend. I'm pretty stoked!

You are Da'Man AJ! Very impressed with such a thorough TR. And of course, your photos are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Wow! Good report man. So how long is full left fork then? 6 miles to trailhead you said, then I know das boot is about a mile and then regular subway is 9-10 miles. My gps always gives me funny readings on the hike out and never the same. So I'm guessing there is another 3-4 miles in between? So that could a 20 mile day for you on 2 hours sleep? You're insane or impressive I can't decide.
    Don't really know how long it is. Based on my time hiking of around 10 hours (12.5 hours with I'd assume around 2.5 hours for drying gear, going back to the log, helping others, and taking a nap), I'd guess that your 20 miles is probably around right. (Just did a quick estimate on Topo, and it is looking like about 18 miles and 5400 feet of gain and 5400 feet of loss; but I could be a bit off as I did a really crude and quick route; so I'd guess it's at least these values if not more...)

As for insane or impressive; I'd go with the first...

Later,
    A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    You are Da'Man AJ! Very impressed with such a thorough TR. And of course, your photos are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    Very nice TR, thanks. Canyon season is starting up for me again, heading to Zion this weekend. I'm pretty stoked!
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Glad you enjoyed the TR and pics.

Hope you have a great time in Zion Shaggy!

Take care,
    A.J.