Thread: Anybody hit the Zen Trail in St George?

Anybody hit the Zen Trail in St George?

I can't remember if anybody's done this yet, but it's on my list when we hit St George this fall.

It's right by Green Valley Loop, in fact it looks over the fun singletrack section. It's easy to get to, close to town. It sounds like it's got Gooseberry Mesa type terrain, and it looks that way from the photos.

Courtesy of UMB

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/zen.htm

Zen Trail

This trail is probably the most technical ride in the St. George area. It has quite a few little rock tricks that challenge the rider. I recommend it for advanced riders, or for intermediates with a good attitude and a sense of adventure. It doesn't take that long to walk your bike through a spot that spooks you. The ride has much to offer. It's much like Gooseberry Mesa, if Gooseberry were tilted onto a slope.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Never done it, but would be interested in joining you when you go assuming I'm free.

I think I qualify as an intermediate rider with a good attitude. I thoroughly enjoying laughing at myself when I screw up.

It's not Beech quality video, but here's an ok preview

that is way out of my skill range. i talked with another mountain biker a few months ago and he said it was the 2nd toughest trail he has done in st. george... he said the hardest one was Red Mountain trail.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

I have to agree that the Red Mountain trail is a very demanding trail. I have had friends turn around on their motorcycles and not finish the trail. While I was pedaling this trail by myself, I kept thinking that it was better suited for horses. The downhill was a blast on the way back. I would be interested in riding the ZEN trail the day after Thanksgiving while I am in the area.

Looks like a lot of uphill too. Painful yo.

I rode in this spring and thought it was fun. The initial climb that everyone whines about wasn't that long, so I didn't mind it and the slickrock and singletrack at the top was really fun. There are a couple of pretty tough spots that I had to walk because I was unfamiliar with the trail and didn't quite know what to expect.

It's a good time and I would do it again if I was going down there. Have fun.