Thread: Muddy Mess

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Muddy Mess

So I did get to go on my ride today. I ignored the black clouds west of Ogden and ended up soaked!

I love playing in the mud, always have, always will!

Here are some pics, of my wonderful rainy ride up Ice Box Canyon.

I got out of Ice Box and was headed up to Maples Campground, but then it really picked up and that dam dusty dirt when wet sure sticks to everything. I had mud caked all over both derailers and tires to the point it was impossible to ride. It did no good to scrape it off, so I gave up, and came back down.

Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

HARDCORE

It still feels good to get out though..... after you're all cleaned up. Been there dun that

Nice, any ride is a good one. I haven't been on a muddy one in quite a while.

Thats how you can tell you're dedicated, when the trail stops you - not the other way round...My kind of rider - HARDCORE!

Great job breakin' in the new bike!! - but oh so brutal on your components! Looks like a fun ride, weather always adds an extra fun element to any ride.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Looks like you had a nice ride. I practised all day at Sundance for the state championship downhill race. After several postponements, the officials finally anounced that the race would be postponed to this coming Saturday because of the rain, hail, and lightening. He announced that in doing races for 20 years this was the first time that he has had to call a race. Several people including myself were pretty bummed for not being able to do the race. Thank goodness for Tuesday biking tomorrow.